★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-12-2017, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Beat mother for the first time! Have my first two characters unlocked. I'm having such a blast!

But: I cannot get to activate / see the prologue!?
It is after the credits, before you click on new game. They just roll.
01-12-2017, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankrio View Post
25 coins total on machine unlock items level 1(at least I think).
What do you mean?

01-12-2017, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkrbby View Post
What do you mean?
Unlock items for buying on the game, I guess.

When I put 25 coins I got a message like "unlocked level 1 items" or something along those lines.
01-12-2017, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
If you buy it on another device (using your iTunes account though), or even in iTunes on your computer, the app will then show as available for download with in the AppStore on your current device. When you then select download on your current device it will give you a prompt that the app is for iOS 10, but a previous version is available and you can download that. So the option to download a previous version is just a pop up text box. And yeh it seems to be working on iOS 9 on my 6plus but I unfortunately don't have time to play right now, I just loaded it up.
Thanks, i'll try this today!
01-12-2017, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepelutin View Post
Thanks, i'll try this today!
Be warned the previous version (is 1 whereas the current version is 1.1), is a little buggy and has display issues. I guess it's quite alright if you're keen though.
01-12-2017, 05:08 AM
Sort of got buried a few pages back, but set gamma to exactly 100 for better battery life.
01-12-2017, 05:08 AM
Bought it, works great. Touch controls do feel a little slippery but it's not a big dealbreaker. Can confirm that the current version runs perfectly fine on iOS 9.

Now I've seen some unfair comments in this thread about jailbreakers being all bad and only used for piracy. So you may ask, what good will come from playing this game while jailbroken?

Mods. The file system on the iOS version looks about the same as the PC version. Copying/pasting the whole thing doesn't work but so far swapping the sprite sheets works, I'll have a further look around to see what else works.

Game Center: Jenohart
01-12-2017, 05:29 AM
A great, great hallmark port. From what little time I spent with the game on the PC, I expect the actual game to be almost as good

And I have absolutely no issues with the touch controls. Isaac's movement is naturally slippery and slide-y, but the controls themselves are some of the best, Wayward Souls-, Mage Gauntlet-level smooth and natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenohart View Post
Bought it, works great. Touch controls do feel a little slippery but it's not a big dealbreaker. Can confirm that the current version runs perfectly fine on iOS 9.

Now I've seen some unfair comments in this thread about jailbreakers being all bad and only used for piracy. So you may ask, what good will come from playing this game while jailbroken?

Mods. The file system on the iOS version looks about the same as the PC version. Copying/pasting the whole thing doesn't work but so far swapping the sprite sheets works, I'll have a further look around to see what else works.
Yeah, you'd think that tired narrative would have been retired by now. I don't jb anymore myself*. But the desire to tweak your own user experience and add neglected features is such a way more powerful draw for many of us than all the free games in the world.

* iOS have finally grown powerful and flexible enough to function as my main computing, production, entertainment and communications platform without Cydia tweaks. But just barely Not that this has stopped me from using it as such for years, though...

And mods in BoI, man, that's awesome! Even just sprite variations. You just added a whole lot of value to this already monumental package

Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
01-12-2017, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
And mods in BoI, man, that's awesome! Even just sprite variations. You just added a whole lot of value to this already monumental package
You bet!

Sprite/sound swaps work fine, the only issue is that the .xml files are formatted slightly differently, but I might be able to make it compatible for total compatibility. Antibirth however has its own .dlls and comes in a compressed file so that might be out of the question for now.

EDIT:

Yeah, I can't quite figure out the differences in formatting in the .xml files but if you're simply replacing the graphics and sounds then the mods work fine.

Game Center: Jenohart

Last edited by Jenohart; 01-12-2017 at 06:15 AM.
01-12-2017, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenohart View Post

Haven't played yet, but comparing the screenshots to this...did you stretch the room to the edges of the screen? Because it looks so much better than the screenshots I saw.

Are you playing with mfi to make this work? I'm assuming the game is the way it is to make room for the on-screen buttons?

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 01-12-2017 at 07:00 AM.