★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Journey with "Haha" as she ascends a deadly tower in this retro puzzler. Face new challenges in each room, including new obstacles, enemies and traps. Don't rely on your speed or strength to get you through this; only your smarts can help you reach the top.

===Features===
-Challenging and fun puzzles
-More than 50 mind-bending and treacherous rooms
-Beautiful 2D, top-down graphics
-Puzzles that build on what you've learned
-Absolutely no ads, in-app purchases, notifications, or any of that junk.
-Retro-style Gameplay
-Numerous enemies ranging from benign to instantly deadly
-Yes, her name actually is "Haha"!

===Reviews===
"I feel that this is another worthy gem that deserves a spot in my collection" - AppAdvice.com

"Puzzler fans are in for a treat as a great new retro style action puzzler called the Journey Of Haha has arrived..." - Supergamedroid.com

"In terms of visuals, Journey of Haha is beautiful." - AppAdvice.com

One of PhoneArena's "Best new Android and iPhone games" for January 2017!

Eli's comments:

Journey of Haha

Sergio Arrascaeta
Genres: Games Action Puzzle
$1.99 USD

Quote:
Journey with "Haha" as she ascends a deadly tower. Face new challenges in each room, including new obstacles, enemies and traps. Don't rely on your speed or strength to get you through this; only your smarts can help you reach the top.

Features:
-Challenging and fun puzzles
-More than 50 mind-bending and treacherous rooms
-Puzzles that build on what you've learned
-Beautiful 2D, top-down graphics
-Numerous enemies ranging from benign to instantly deadly
-Yes, her name actually is "Haha"!

Absolutely no ads, in-app purchases, notifications, or any of that junk. Just play and have a good experience. That's how games were meant to be!

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 130.2MB

01-11-2017, 11:51 AM
Very curious about this one. Anyone know anything about it.

May have to take the plunge later today.

01-12-2017, 05:07 AM
Controllers?

Any Physical Controller Love?
01-12-2017, 07:31 AM
Getting a heavy Adventures of Lolo vibe from the screenshots, which is certainly not a bad thing.
01-12-2017, 11:58 AM
Really wanted to like this but having buyer's remorse after just a few minutes. I don't understand why the joystick allows you to stop between two rows of the grid. Feels terrible, and I quit when it let me shoot over an "enemy" head because I wasn't lined up properly with it.

Cool idea, but the controls completely ruined it for me. And it doesn't help that it's timing you and giving you stars based on your performance.

01-12-2017, 01:11 PM
That's a bummer. Thanks for the feedback.
01-12-2017, 02:43 PM
@AppUnwrapper
Thanks for the video!
Not having screen rotation is just plain lazy developing.
I'm not a big fan of games that have a reward based on how long you take to do a level.
You really seemed to be struggling with the controls so that is enough for me to give it a miss.
Much appreciated.
01-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbieoz View Post
@AppUnwrapper
Thanks for the video!
Not having screen rotation is just plain lazy developing.
I'm not a big fan of games that have a reward based on how long you take to do a level.
You really seemed to be struggling with the controls so that is enough for me to give it a miss.
Much appreciated.
Yeah, I think if the controls could be worked out to be in steps instead of this mess and maybe score you on steps taken instead of time, it could be a decent game. As is, I don't have patience for it, though.

Really odd choice also to stick the special attack icon right under the right thumb, when I'm using that spot for the joystick. A bunch of things just seem poorly thought out.
01-12-2017, 03:52 PM
AppUnwrapper thanks for the video! The game looks great, but I don't like being rushed and it's obvious you need to hurry a lot even in the very first stages. Getting stars based on how fast I finish each stage seems quite frustrating to me cause I'm a sucker for 3 star completion before moving to the next stage. Seems like a bigger deal than the clumsy controls. I like solving puzzles in my own (preferably slow) pace.

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash
01-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by db2 View Post
Getting a heavy Adventures of Lolo vibe from the screenshots, which is certainly not a bad thing.
Man I'm glad that I'm not the only one who got an Adventures of Lolo jibe, or even knew what that game was. Title of the game seems a reference to that game as well.