iPad Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by banger1103, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    It's cause Ryu, Kaz, and Hugo are OP in this game. It's not that Hwo is bad, he just isn't on there level. They do too much damage. Heihachi is also very powerful.

2. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Between Ryu, Kaz and Hugo I'd say that the only really OP char is Hugo. He's just too damn unpredictable and deals a lot of damage with one single attack. His super is both powerful and slow paced, which means that it can empty the partner gauge of the other player without problems. His sp has super armor and he can combo after that attack. The range of his low kicks is huge. He may have long recovery on some attacks, but damn, it just isn't enough to balance him.
    Kaz is OP because he has lots of possible mix ups and really long combos, but he doesn't deal a lot of damage since last update. Only his super deals lot of damage, but it's a bit awkward since Kaz can be damaged while using his super.
    About Ryu, I don't know what's OP on him. His fireballs are easily avoidable by any character, and they have long recovery, just like his shoryuken and his hurricane kick. He only becomes a pain when the other player keeps spamming fireballs and jumping backwards and you're using a slow character like Paul, Hugo or Heihachi, but you could do the same with other characters with fireballs, like Guile.

I don't have any problems with Ryu nor with Kaz, but Hugo is too cheap. Just like Gief in Volt, you can win almost every fight by playing the way Jibba described some pages ago: spamming down+punch after every jump, and doing some empty jumps to use up+sp.
    But anyway, maybe that's because almost no one actually uses Hugo properly (most players just spam sp because it has super armor), so when I see someone playing him "properly" I don't know what to do.

3. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Ryu is OP cause he does awesome damage and his cross counter enables easy hard tag ins. Also, his air attacks have good priority and his SRK is the best in the game. A defensive turtle Ryu is crazy at the mind games too. He is better than Kaz and second best in the game ImO. Anyone using Ryu should be able to get at least 50-75 consecutive wins. So OP

4. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    It would be very silly for capcom to release another version of SFXT, all they need to do is improve the one we have now, and I hope they do.

I cant go back to Volt, looking at the graphics on my iPad 3 kills me... So i hope they pump more life into SFXT.

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I don't main Ryu so I don't know if he's really that powerful, but after using him in training I didn't find any high damage combo, apart from some corner only combos. I agree that his SRK is the best in the game (I think that Hwo's got nerfed after last update and now has awkward priority), but that's all. Some characters may have some problems with a turtle Ryu, but the players using those characters just have to find a way to confuse the player using Ryu. Dashes, empty jumps, etc. Everything helps.
    I still find Hugo way more annoying, but I think that's because matchups exist even in this game. Sim may seem weak, but he's a nightmare for Hugo players.

BTW, do you think a level 54 guy with max upgraded ex inmense power box could play REALLY lame? Like jumping without any attack, abc and super or nothing. I think he's a hacker, but I'm not sure.

6. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    You're right but there too many things to fix like the whole coins system, the netcode, selection char's menu has only 2 spaces left for additional characters, Iphone5 support, better graphics(Blur) and framerate(at least 60fps), others game modes like story mode, additonal stages, costumes pack for characters, ecc. Release 2 characters every 3-4 months doesn't solve the game's problem.
    It's better if Capcom release completely new game, I would pay 15 Bucks for a new game with at least 25 characters!

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Did you take a look at the command list? There's space for 4 more characters, and they can always change the menu.
    At the moment I only want NO lag. I spent countless hours on training with Hwo to improve block strings and pressure, but due to lag I can't use those techniques in online because most of them need flamingo.
    But yeah, I'd pay X bucks for a proper SFxTK.

8. yoshimitsu

yoshimitsu Active Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Manji clan leader
    Unkown
    I haven't played this game in so long due to me buying a vita and geting the vita version. I mained heihachi and king. Playing this game was so awesome.

9. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    I hate guys that use Paul as secondary, they are very bastard with his combo

10. NorrisForever79

NorrisForever79 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    I agree!! And plus the major part that use Paul as partner use also pandora 5 level damage! With a cross combo they took 80% of life!

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    IKR. I hate this stupid gem thing. Instead of doing awesome combos and learning how to play properly, people just keep using launchers the whole match.
    That's why I use low level gems. The game is way more enjoyable if you're using those gems, and you learn quite a lot. I never thought that the chainsaw reset of Hwo could be that useful until I found some turtle players who wait until you get vulnerable to use a launcher.

12. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    Yes you're right!! It's sad to see Guys like MrG Capitan Guile that after a great match ragequit at the end at the last hit:(!! BTW I hope that an update is going to released in a week, this game has a good potential!!

13. NorrisForever79

Aug 28, 2012
    Anybody playing this game? I don't find nobody online, I don't wanna go back to volt, his graphics is orrible compared to sfxt!!!

14. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I still play the game, admittedly not as much I use to but whenever I get a spear moment in the evenings and the kids are tucked in bed:)

Its never a straight connect, often requiring a few attempts but then again I found the same issues with wait times with Volt.

15. NorrisForever79

Aug 28, 2012
    Cool! Who wants to fight with me? Send me a request!

Norrisforever79

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I can't add you. My GC is "Draco's Wrath", if anyone wants to play some matches!

17. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    Me too, NorrisForever79 right? Draco's Wrath I add you:)

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Tried to invite you, but it got stuck on "connecting".

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Does anyone want to fight?

20. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I just got the game and Im still figuring out the controls.