Hearts of Iron Mobile... LIVES!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jeannyguard, Oct 8, 2012.

1. jeannyguard

jeannyguard Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Herocraft contacted me and let me know that - Hearts of Iron Mobile will be released in November under a different title. :)

Cant wait!

*FYI - I was told by Paradox that this is not a Hearts of Iron product, so it might not be a direct port of Hearts of Iron

2. matthjes

matthjes Active Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Thats great news indeed! I've heard about a mobile version of Hearts of Iron just some days ago...via the news that it has been scrapped.

Unfortunately, the Herocraft site seems to be down at the moment...hopefully the will release some more information soon!

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale

Holy hell, HOI on ios? Well, that would be impossible on my iphone...I might need to buy an ipad for that. Oh, just read the FYI. You know what Paradox game would play great on a touchscreen? Crusader Kings. I haven't played the sequel, but the majority of the first's gameplay Didn't require a keyboard and was pretty slow paced.

4. matthjes

matthjes Active Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Any news on this? Looking forward to this game...

5. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Imagine the average TA member downloading this game, not knowing what it is, and then being directed to a Hearts of Iron online manual. That would get some interesting responses ;).

Battle Academy is Tic-Tac-Toe (though very fun) to HOI's Chess.

Btw, I've only played (and own) HOI 2 plus the cold war/espionage expansion.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Erm, obviously this game was very popular back in the day, but what exactly was it ? :eek:

7. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Grand strategy game that doesn't obfuscate anything with luck or RNG's -- you micromanage your economy, industrial output, weapons production, battle tactics, etc.

Basically the greatest strategy game ever created! I have my doubts about this iOS veraion, though. I'm worried it's going to be a heavily stripped down version.

8. matthjes

matthjes Active Member

Dec 17, 2011
    A small update: I've asked HeroCraft about the status and got the following reply:

So it's on its way! :)

9. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Great, thanks for the update!

10. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm not optimistic. For whatever reason Paradox determined that the game wasn't fit for the HOI title. Not a good sign.

11. matthjes

matthjes Active Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I've got another mail from the developer:

We'll see what will come out of this. I'd really like to see some game at least similar to Hearts of Iron, even if it does not offer the complexity of it.

12. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA