App description: GeoVertex is a game editor, and so basically allows you to create your own games, from creating your own objects, to adding various different attributes to them, and adding them to the game world. No programming experience is required!

Once you've created a game, you can share it so that it can be included in a future update for everyone else to play. Each game shared will come complete with a top score and rating.

So if you don't see yourself as the creative type, then you can just play other peoples games, and try to get the top scores for all of them.

No other game exists on the app store that is as customisable as this one. There are no templates to force you to create a certain game type, so you can just create whatever you want with what's available and if there is something you want to be able to do, but can't, then just let me know and I can add it to the list.

Features:
- Currently includes 21 games.
- A large selection of attributes to choose from.
- Integrated physics engine, including joints (great for creating vehicles!).
- Custom HUD, allowing you to choose what your buttons look like, and where they are.
- A selection of shapes that you can scale, stretch and rotate to create your game objects.
- Quick loading times, so no having to wait around for levels to load.
- Many different game types can be created, from jumping games, to platformers, to mazes, and many more.
- Constant updates as frequently as possible to add new games people have created.
- Local score boards, and a global high score for each game created.
- Fully universal, play on any device, and scale the games you create to fit any device you are using.
- Future updates to add even more attributes and features so that you have even more choice of what to create.
- Share and import your games. Check out the website from your device to download a selection of other peoples games.

A small selection of games will come with the first release for those of you who don't like creating and just want to jump right into playing.

So what are you waiting for, get downloading and start creating!!

And if you need help getting started, pop over to the website for a guide. The game also comes with a help section which explains how everything works, including basic tips and some video tutorials.

Check out this video review:
http://www.reviewsontherun.com/all/type-of/reviews/geovertex-mobile/
(The two reviewers give the game 8/10 and 9/10)

touchDev192's comments:
Hi everyone!

I'm happy to announce that my latest game, GeoVertex is now available in the App Store:





Emailing and Importing your created games is now in the latest version, so no more having to wait for updates to play other peoples games. Check out user created games here (browse from your device to download games):
User Game Page


So let me know what you think, I'm open to any ideas for new attributes, or changes to existing ones, So if there's a feature you need (or want) to create a game idea you have, just let me know! Or any other feature you think would be great to have.

In case you want to find out a bit more about it, the original thread is here:
Original Thread
There's some questions answered there, and a few videos showing different aspects of the game.

Any other questions you may have, feel free to ask! The website will also be updated shortly, with the full set of tutorial videos, and a guides sections which I'll start adding to if anyone has need for a specific walkthrough... one thats more complex than the simple tutorial videos.

EDIT: First guide is on the website, and walks through creating a bike with joints, camera following the player, physics objects and more. Check it out on the website (linked in my signature).

EDIT: On Page 16, Post 159, there's a list of most features in the next update, and on the next page a couple more as well as plans for the next update.

Geovertex Game Showcase
There's a separate thread for posting screenshots or videos of your own home-made geovertex games:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=184612

EDIT: If you'd like to see a review of the game, check out this video review:
Video Review
12-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Gameplay video from the third, final stage of the TBHS 4

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3067517
12-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanak View Post
Gameplay video from the third, final stage of the TBHS 4

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3067517
Quite impressed by what i've seen actually. What are the controls like for your games ? Relative touch ?

I love old skool graphics specially vector graphics so some of these games look really really good to me. Am very intrigued !

Theres so many pages on this thread, basically if i buy this app (i dont want to create anything at the moment) are there a fair few games to download/try ? Is it updated a lot with new games or just when the apps updated ?

12-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Thank you. My last game, the TBHS4 has touch controls. Control is not the same as in the Cave games but I tried to make the game controlled well. In the user created games is the version that contains two stages, completed full version I am about to send at the end of the week. After purchasing the application you will not have to wait longer for an update the GeoVertex, you can check out user created games here (browse from your device to download games): http://www.relicagames.co.uk/gv/userGames.html
12-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Quite impressed by what i've seen actually. What are the controls like for your games ? Relative touch ?

I love old skool graphics specially vector graphics so some of these games look really really good to me. Am very intrigued !

Theres so many pages on this thread, basically if i buy this app (i dont want to create anything at the moment) are there a fair few games to download/try ? Is it updated a lot with new games or just when the apps updated ?
In the next update I'll try to remember to update the included games with what's on the website. But until then, any new games I get will just go onto the website, so check that out for the most recent ones (from the link Tatanak posted). I'm afraid I just haven't had any time to work on this recently, so the next update will have to be early next year sometime.

There's a good few games to have a look at within the app, and also on the website, just don't be expecting hundreds. There's a nice and varied selection to try out though. And every now and then I get some more submissions to add to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanak View Post
Thank you. My last game, the TBHS4 has touch controls. Control is not the same as in the Cave games but I tried to make the game controlled well. In the user created games is the version that contains two stages, completed full version I am about to send at the end of the week. After purchasing the application you will not have to wait longer for an update the GeoVertex, you can check out user created games here (browse from your device to download games): http://www.relicagames.co.uk/gv/userGames.html
Looks amazing as always! Look forward to giving it a go if my device can handle it. Are you still using an iPod Touch 5g to create these?

Also, if you have any problems submitting it, then feel free to send it to the email address like you did before, and I'll get it onto the website. I believe there may be file size limitations which are causing problems with uploading larger games.

My Released Games:
GeoVertex - Game Creator!
FairyTwists Hydron Flux
Elemental Defense - Previously featured in 'New and Noteworthy' and 'Whats hot'
Twitter: @RelicaGames
12-24-2013, 02:32 PM
I have finally been able to get the update and can continue my games! Hopefully they will be done soon but I need some help. So how do I show my custom variable on screen, like you can with health, bullets, fuel, and score. I can't find anywhere you can do this in text label? Is it somewhere else? Thanks!
12-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmingcub View Post
I have finally been able to get the update and can continue my games! Hopefully they will be done soon but I need some help. So how do I show my custom variable on screen, like you can with health, bullets, fuel, and score. I can't find anywhere you can do this in text label? Is it somewhere else? Thanks!
It's not in the same section as those other variables. I didn't want to turn that into a long list, so I added it to the normal 'Text' box area. This makes it much more flexible, because you can use multiple variables at once, along with other text.

So in the text label attribute, tap to edit the text for it, and when the keyboard shows, there will be a 'V' button at the top right, above the comma. When you tap this, you will see all the custom variables you have created, as well as the 3 preset ones. So then just tap on one of these, and it will add it into the text at the current position. Please note though, there's currently a bug that stops the 3 presets working in a text label. Any variables you create will work though. The presets should still however work in all other areas.

Also, just to note, if you're on an iPad, there won't be a V button, just a list of variables above the keyboard.

Hope that helps!

Also, as an update, in case anyone is wondering where the latest version of TBHS 4 is, it was causing a crash on my iPod whenever the game ended. So unfortunately, until I can find and fix that bug, I don't really want to put it on the website just yet. So I'll try to get that submitted some time in january, if I have enough time. I also want to work on optimising the game to help improve performance, which I'll also be working on in january. I'm hoping this will help with some of the more intensive games people are creating, but we'll see.

My Released Games:
GeoVertex - Game Creator!
FairyTwists Hydron Flux
Elemental Defense - Previously featured in 'New and Noteworthy' and 'Whats hot'
Twitter: @RelicaGames
12-24-2013, 07:31 PM
Alright I got it! But I'm having a problem with the endless astroid belt! I just sent in my game for you to look but it's alright if you don't as it's Christmas Eve! But anyways the pink and white ore aren't spawning anymore. I even took away the random spawn! The blue ore works perfectly fine though. Thank you

Edit: nevermind I figured it out!

Last edited by swimmingcub; 12-24-2013 at 10:10 PM.
12-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Ok so I know have a lot of stuff working in spacexplor 3, but there's a problem! The enemy that's right above earth is a neutral ship, until you attack him. So after you attack him the thruster doesn't seem to work? He only rotates towards you but I want the thruster to move him towards the player! Thank you.

Edit: I figured it out again haha!

Also is there a way that when you die instead of ending the game you just respawn?? But I don't want lives you just keep re spawning?? Thanks!!

Last edited by swimmingcub; 12-29-2013 at 06:50 PM.
01-02-2014, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmingcub View Post
Ok so I know have a lot of stuff working in spacexplor 3, but there's a problem! The enemy that's right above earth is a neutral ship, until you attack him. So after you attack him the thruster doesn't seem to work? He only rotates towards you but I want the thruster to move him towards the player! Thank you.

Edit: I figured it out again haha!

Also is there a way that when you die instead of ending the game you just respawn?? But I don't want lives you just keep re spawning?? Thanks!!
Sorry I've been very busy lately!

I'm glad you figured out your other problems.

With the re-spawning player, the way I would do that is to set the player up as a spawner, with max living objects as 1 and interval at 0.01. Then give the player a trigger so that when it spawns it is made the player. Then create a dummy object which is invisible and offscreen somewhere, and when the player dies, set it to trigger this object to become the player. And then as soon as the new player is spawned a moment later, it will then become the player again.

So the dummy object is basically acting as a temporary player to stop the game ending while another player is spawned.

I hope thats not too confusing. Let me know if there's anything you want me to clarify.

My Released Games:
GeoVertex - Game Creator!
FairyTwists Hydron Flux
Elemental Defense - Previously featured in 'New and Noteworthy' and 'Whats hot'
Twitter: @RelicaGames
01-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchDev192 View Post
Sorry I've been very busy lately!

I'm glad you figured out your other problems.

With the re-spawning player, the way I would do that is to set the player up as a spawner, with max living objects as 1 and interval at 0.01. Then give the player a trigger so that when it spawns it is made the player. Then create a dummy object which is invisible and offscreen somewhere, and when the player dies, set it to trigger this object to become the player. And then as soon as the new player is spawned a moment later, it will then become the player again.

So the dummy object is basically acting as a temporary player to stop the game ending while another player is spawned.

I hope thats not too confusing. Let me know if there's anything you want me to clarify.
Yes thank you that works.

So I have an idea for the next update.
some kind of way to set damage taken at different speed. For example if you hit it softly it will give you one damage but if you hit it really hard it will give you 20 damage.

Also I wanted to know if you added the max health?? I really need that for repairing your ship!

Thanks!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.