Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    How Do You Do It?!!

Seriously, Dom, how DO you ever complete 10 complete Weekly Sets overnight?! Do you buy the Signums & then breed from there, using potions? Do you breed & use potions on the "almost right" Signums? Short of your actually being a NB dev or employee, it's hard to imagine how that's done. And I'm not even mentioning the time it takes to tame!

And, speaking of NB, I'm really happy that they have NOT included any of the 47 newest breeds in their sets yet. It wouldn't affect me but it would/will all the newer players. The first set I ever saw was the Bullseye Set & I had never ever had or seen a Corona. I figured it was a game part that wasn't for me. It took me a looong time to bother looking at the Weekly Sets again. Would hate to see that happen to others.

p.s.: Thanks & more thanks to meplie for the Igneous, Snappy for the Magus, Maholah for the Fortuna, & Dom for the Fortuna.

p.p.s.: Gotta say that NB is a lot more regular & generous with their PP gifts than with their PF presents. OTOH, they always offer a Weekly Set in PF whereas in TT they have stopped offering Missions. We shouldn't complain!

2. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Have been finding some cool:cool: frog gifts while taming in the pond this week. Anyone else notice a larger number of high-level frogs recently?

Thanks to Dean, Quossum, Lisi, StephenP, Kane toad, Maholah, Moe416, BlueWater27, and anyone else who sent gifts recently. :)

Good evening to everyone.

3. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Here is how it was done, I purchased the complete set when they first became known, then this morning, I used stamps to move them out of the MB. From there I just breed as many as I had space for and used some of my 3800 or so potions to move them along. I now still had to tame them and only do so per order as I try not to use any more potions. This way, I usually get about half my used potions and enough stamps to ship them out.

I have a set reserved for you!

4. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Starter sets have been sent. Oh, by the way, these are now a joke to tame when I just completed taming and gifting a complete set of Fortuno (all 368) which were gifted to me by CFYAU over a long period.

5. alanthier14

alanthier14 New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Gyrus? GYRUS!

With the latest set I *NEED* a Gyrus frog. I have what I think is all the other rare/promo frogs for trade, and can trade almost anything up to 20th Level for one. alathier14 is my name, gimme that frog so I can keep playing this game!

6. alanthier14

alanthier14 New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    #26206 alanthier14, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    Anything I could trade with you for a Gyrus of any type?

sorry this is an error-post. see below sorry

7. alanthier14

alanthier14 New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Yes please for a Gyrus of any kind?

8. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

belated Merry Christmas to everyone - its been a busy week!

Thanks to everyone who sends me frogs - I'm not keeping track at the moment but you know who you are! :)

I'm still dexing Igneous - past 70% now, and starting to trade out some of my breeders for coclearis.

BlueWater, I sent you a couple of fractus I had hanging around to help fill in your gaps.

9. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Hi Dom ....I 'll take a starter set if there are any left!!

Also thanks to all for generous gifts over the last couple of days ..... Sorry I've been on the "hop" so couldn't keep track....of senders .....

Happy to send any frogs i can spare to those who ask ....

XXX :)

10. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    @Domenic, I would like a set if any are left. TYIA

Thank you to everyone that has sent me frogs lately :) Each and every one is greatly appreciated. While dexing Cornus this week I noticed that from racing, pond gifts and friend gifts that I was almost at 100% on Fortuno and Emblem. So I have been breeding and filling in gaps this week and hope to finish them both in the next day or two :)

11. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Please send me a friend request.

12. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    On the way!

I had Already sent it, no need for you to ask,as a thank you for all the gifts.

13. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    Thanks Dom for the starter set :)

14. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Dom, Thank you so much for starter set!
    XXX

15. Quossum

Quossum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    Pleasantly enough, this week's set came along just as I was finishing Signum, and Black Floris just happened to be one of my breeders. So this one was a snap for me! Finally got the last Signum after about 18 breedings, and now it's on to Nodare, chosen for being one of my least favorite of the new breeds. (It helps if I imagine the bow as a Doctor Who-style bow TIE instead of a goofy Minnie Mouse thing.) Finishing up Roboris and getting together my next "short-time" breeders, too.

I came up with a new way of keeping track of gifts and givers (yes, another foray into Excel), which is making my (OCD-prone) life quite a bit easier. Thank you, always, to my trading friends!

Hoppy New Year, everyone!

--Q

16. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
  17. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Let me translate this into layman's terms:

Purchasing from the 'dex, you spent well over 750,000 coins to purchase the set.

Then, depending on time of purchase & retrieval, you used about 24-40 stamps to deliver them this morning.

Next, you bred them (for the cost of breeding none of which you would recoop) & plied them with 11-12 potions apiece (~96 potions) prior to taming (wear & tear on index finger, a lot of time!), as needed. Plus the stamps used for mailing!

I'm doing the calculations for myself out of curiosity but others can see that this Weekly Set, & others you've offered before, are no small matter. It's easy to say, "Yes, please send me one" but it's important to be mindful of the fact that if one is not doing the work, or a fraction of the work (the regifters), the heavy lifting is done by another. In this case, at no small cost.

I thank you for the Starter Set, Dom, & all the effort (in coins, stamps, potions, tapping, & time) you have put into this & previous sets you've generously offered to PFers over time.

All are in my MB & I will breed then send along to others when done.

p.s.: In addition to Dom, thanks to Green for the Planeta & Snappy for the Magus.

18. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Thank you so much Domenic ! As you know, when I am dexing my habitats are full with the frog I am dexing at the time and the sets would go undone without your help.

Speaking of dexing... in my desire to finish Emblema and Fortuna today I gifted out all the frogs I had tamed and sold the rest. Since their failures are a little expensive I try and keep as many as room allows. I now have 10 habitats full of eggs and didn't have to sell any of the expensive ones, I even ended up with one empty habitat :) Was a good breeding day.

Because of the fact that all I have now are eggs, I will not have anything to gift out tomorrow :( but will have plenty the next day :D

19. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    Frog Request

Hi,

I'm back to my begging ways. I am enjoying discovering and receiving the new breeds. But I have yet to come across a SCUTULATA. There is a frog request worth 37 potions that I just can't decline. So if anyone can spare one, it would be appreciated. Maybe I have (not likely) or can breed (slightly more likely) something you need in return.

Thanks for recent gifts:
    meplie (SYMPHONIA black callaina)
    AndiNZ (QUILTA marine tingo)

Thanks,
    Mal

20. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    I would appreciate one if it's not spoken for.
    TYIA.