iOS tips and tricks

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Merax, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Merax

Merax Member

Oct 14, 2010
    I just made a big blog post with a bunch of items that would have saved me a lot of time or frustration had I known them from the start. Hopefully they'll be useful to you guys too: iOS Game Development Tips

2. Ciechan

Ciechan Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Poland
    Excellent compilation, well worth reading! To be honest your blog finally convinced me to give Hungry Helga a try and I like it!

3. brendaryan12

brendaryan12 New Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Greatly appreciate. This is the sort of article that really helps use the iPad for those of us who aren't sufficiently indoctrinated with the digital world.There is a list of ten useful tips for making efficient use of the onscreen keyboard(s) in iOS based devices. Some of them are generally known, such as the URL autocomplete and spellchecking completion, but others are less widely publicized, such as the final tip about toggling the alpha and numeric keyboards.

4. TinyTechnician

TinyTechnician Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    I'll add my 2 cents here on a particular issue that popped up every now and then on my end...so painful to figure out and then...facepalm when caught.

The simulator does NOT seem to be case sensitive in regards to files...the device IS though.

I've run into several issues where launching on the device just flat-out crashed in certain areas with no valid info in the console describing what was going on. Maybe the latest Xcode details this issue better or maybe not.

So deploying "ad_View.xib" to the simulator when the file is actually called "Ad_View.xib" will work. Deploying it to an actual device will cause a crash. This happens with any file I think. Just FYI.

5. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Like it!