Psychroma - colourful arcade game - music by CoLD SToRAGE (Wipeout, Lemmings)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Moonjump, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    #1 Moonjump, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
    I am happy to tell you that my second iOS game is nearing completion. Now seems the right time to start this thread as Psychroma has been mentioned in an article on Gamasutra:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/37154/Interview_Wipeout_Lemmings_Composer_Tim_Wright_Opens_Door_To_Indies.php

Check out the biography on the CoLD SToRAGE website for the quality of musician I am so lucky to be working with:

http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/

Wipeout and Lemmings are just two of many top games that include music by CoLD SToRAGE.

Psychroma is a shortening of psychedelic and chroma. Yes it is very bright and trippy, but I will leave any screenshots until I have finished negotiating with publishers.

The game builds on the work I did for my first game, ShootStorm

I have kept with single-finger control and short finger-friendly levels. But this time I have gone for a 2D game with 3D graphics. And there are loads of extra features:

• 50 Game Center Achievements
    • 200 unique levels (but the game continues after then)
    • unlockable start levels
    • power-ups
    • 51 enemies (not all on one level)
    • multiple level styles

Any feedback on what you like to see in shoot-em-ups is welcome.

More information coming soon...

2. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    #2 Moonjump, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    After a long delay, Psychroma is finally nearing release. It now performs better, has more enemies, more variety, a new player craft, and lots of little improvements.

So finally here are some screenshots. The background constantly changes and scrolls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]