Why and when do you play mobile games?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by spicysnowball, Mar 9, 2017.

1. spicysnowball

spicysnowball New Member

Mar 9, 2017
    I've just had an interesting discussion about mobile games and why users play mobile games so I thought I'd reach out to the community to get a better understanding of what everyone else thinks.

Five questions

Where are you from? Feel free to be as specific as you want
    What device do you normally play on?
    Do you work full time?
    When do you normally play?
    Why do you play games?

I'll start:

Sydney, Australia
    Mobile - iPhone 6
    Yes
    On weekdays - I normally play mobile games once I wake up in the morning to check on my progress, at lunch if I get time, and when I'm relaxing at home after work. On weekends I don't usually play mobile games as much, I usually just set my game to complete a lengthy task and collect the rewards whenever I remember to check into the game.
    I usually play games to relax, and to pass the time - I enjoy the feeling of accomplishing something, and being rewarded for my efforts.

2. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    #2 slighmd, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Philippines
    iPhone 7
    Do you work full time? Yes (even on holidays and weekends lol)
    When do you normally play? When kid and wife are asleep or when they're busy like when they're shopping or when I get free time at work.
    Why do you play games? I'm a gamer at heart. I was a hardcore gamer before (PC Master race lol) but had to lie low because work and family. Which is why I only game on my iPhone (use it for work, gaming, media: 1 device to rule em all) plus I can game beside my family while they're watching TV, etc. I mostly play hardcore games like MHFU (currently HR6), Vainglory (5minute blitz mode plus a few standard casual games here and there), DQ8, TitanQuest and Ember with a few exceptions like DDP Maximum.

3. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Where are you from? Feel free to be as specific as you want - England
    What device do you normally play on? iPhone on the bog, iPad in the evening. Apple Watch every 20 minutes throughout the day.
    Do you work full time? Yup
    When do you normally play? On the bog and in the evening in my armchair.
    Why do you play games? It's fun