Universal Kung Fu Rabbit - (by Bulkypix) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 14, 2012.

1. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    just bought this now lol.

i much prefer games with a "normal" protagonist to ones with a frantic, non-stop-running protagonist (like in chocorun - which is a great game too, bit playing it makes me very nervous).

i was also happy to get this because it looked great for a <30MB app but then after i downloaded it i found out that it is actually 218MB on the device. whow :(

anyway, great game (so far). :)

2. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    #122 .THOTH., Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
    Love the game, bought it when it came out and stopped playing to patiently await the update, now that it's out I'm having the same problem I hoped it would fix. My achievements are not aligning with Game Center. I thought maybe reseting the game to get the achievements again would work but I can't reset it. I've deleted it and re-intalled multiple times but no matter what I do my achievements are still showing up in the game. Any suggestions on how to reset everything?

3. Hi .THOTH.,
    You shouldn't need to reset anything, each time you go to the trophies menu, unlocked trophies are sent to the GC if activated.
    The GC is activated when answering the first pop-up (Activate Social). You can re-enable it in the option menu.
    To see if gamecenter is correctly enabled, check you have the GC icon in the bottom right of the trophies menu page.
    Keep me posted if it solve or not your bug (just tested on my ipad and the GC works here)

4. Hi, yes this is 30MB when the app is compressed, but when installed, apple uncompressed it on the iDevice. With the new update, it should take about 150Mb.

5. Low on the iPad 2 !?! Is it still the case with the update ?

6. .THOTH.

Mar 6, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Thanks for the response! It's working now. After some more tinkering it synced with my GC achievements. I think I was just being impatient... I'm really enjoying the game and look forward to more from you guys in the future!

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I take it no one else lost their hardcore level progress with the update?

8. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I'm here just to state that the update improved significantly the game's performance on iPod Touch 4g. It still has some hiccups at some points but at most it's playable and lots of fun. Thank you. :)

9. .THOTH.

Mar 6, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Wow, I'm really digging the hardcore levels, the first run through was challenging enough but some of these hardcore levels are sadistic!!! I have run into one other bug though, I can't unlock the achievement where you die in under 2 seconds. I've died PLENTY of times in under 2 seconds, don't know if this is fixable but if not, this game is still a nice little gem

10. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    It worked for me, unlocked that yesterday.

Anyway, 2 bugs found:

[​IMG]

The loading screen sometimes doesn't show any text.

[​IMG]

Level 2 - 18, I fell there and the rabbit froze (couldn't move/jump, but it didn't die) and I had to restart the level (lost my checkpoint).

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Didn't know this had checkpoints...

12. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    It's the first item on dojo - "Soul of the Rabbit"

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ah, well that would explain why I knew nothing about it...

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hehe.

15. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I just started playing this a day ago...great platformer!

16. .THOTH.

Mar 6, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Anyone know if the Grand Dragon achievement is for completing it on hardcore? I've completed it on normal and it hasn't unlocked so that's what I'm assuming

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, grand dragon = all levels completed

18. Yes Grand Dragon is for completing on hardcore!

@syntheticvoid : Did you unlock grand dragon?

19. .THOTH.

Mar 6, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    I just got the Grand Dragon!! It would've been damn near impossible if I didn't save up my carrots to use the Master of Arms. I'm really looking forward to more from you guys in the future. This is one of the most competent platformers on ios, right up there ith LoE

Now if I could just unlock that Breakneck achievement...

20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha, congrats... And I'm pretty sure I got Breakneck in one of the third world levels... With the lava stuff right at the beginning. You'll need to restart the stage to get it because if I'm remembering correctly, the level starts a second or two before youre actually able to start after the first load...

But I've got to agree... This is definitely one of my favorite quicklevel platformers available. Love it.