Scroodles: A Word Adventure Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MadSallyGames, Aug 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadSallyGames

MadSallyGames Active Member

#1 MadSallyGames, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Scroodles is a word adventure game that mixes word creation with a battle system reminiscent of old-school rpgs. It releases Aug. 27 for iOS and Android as "free-to-play", but you can try it right now using preview codes:

Code 1: HYR93MJWTMH7
    Code 2: HYR93MJWTMH7
    Code 3: ANYXAHM9EPRR
    Code 4: K7AJEPJ3L6PJ
    Code 5: Gone!
    Code 6: TFHPFPJ3H7F9
    Code 7: Gone!
    Code 8: W7ARAKE6TKKJ
    Code 9: F4RK3MR4J4M7
    Code 10: NKE6XMNYML4Y
    Code 11: 9JM4J4PK49WA
    Code 12: Gone.
    Code 13: 7YH747YEK3HH
    Code 14: 79LKJNXN6RF7
    Code 15: AAWXN7XEWJJJ
    Code 16: NN3KMX9T7RTL
    Code 17: 66TAJJYERP4F
    Code 18: KXPMTWX7K3AY
    Code 19: TELTRTT4KMAR
    Code 20: PT9TM3THKE9P
    Code 21: 3FTXYT7HHREA
    Code 22: X9EXYW3KF977
    Code 23: H7XRLFH43WP7
    Code 24: MNPA7XH3MK37
    Code 25: Gone!

If you're using an iPad or iPhone you can just click the link to download. Otherwise go through the app store and put in the code by hand.

In Scroodles players control a rectangular eraser named “Pinkers” on a quest to defeat a group of mischievous drawings known as the “Scroodles.” Pinkers spells words to battle up to three opposing Scroodles (who use the same letter tiles to fight back).

Words are used like weapons in Scroodles, with each letter dealing damage equal to its point value (less commonly used letters, like Q or Z, are worth more).

[​IMG]

Here's our trailer:

I've posted about Scroodles before in this forum, but I thought I'd start a new thread now that we're just a few days from our Sept. 3 launch! I've e-mailed Touch Arcade and I'm crossing my fingers one of the editors will have the chance to try the game as well!

Leading up to launch I'm going to post a daily reason why Scroodles is really unique from other word games.

If anyone has any last minute feedback, please post it!

2. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Thanks for sharing!:)

I used code 25

3. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    Sweet, just a few weeks ago i had been looking for a update on Scroodles.
    Thank you, it's very kind of you to offer these codes. I did grab Code 7 and i will post impressions soon.

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    taken code 12

thanks a lot!

5. MadSallyGames

Thanks so much Stephan0711, new_ipodtouch5G_owner, and Gwarmaxx! :) If you get the chance, let me know what you think!

Now here is the first way that Scroodles is unique from other word games:

1. Just 8 Letters
    Players form a word each round using eight letter tiles within a time limit. The limited letter selection allows you to use everyday words instead of searching for the elusive ‘perfect’ word in a wall of letter tiles.

[​IMG]

6. MadSallyGames

2. Board Powers

Each level is laid out with five potential board powers: Double Letter, Double Word, Triple Letter, Triple Word, and All (target ALL Scroodles). These powers provide a puzzle-like element to each level. Does it make sense to try to spell a long word to reach that ‘Double Word’, or a smaller word that puts ‘K’ on the ‘Triple Letter’ power?
    [​IMG]

7. MadSallyGames

#7 MadSallyGames, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    3. Powerups

Five types of powerups could appear on any letter tile at the start of each round. These powerups -- double-damage, drain, poison, health, and freeze – add variety and strategy by giving the player even more tools to defeat the Scroodles.
    [​IMG]

8. blackbelt013

blackbelt013 New Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Thanks! I redeemed code 5

9. MadSallyGames

Thanks Blackbelt! Hope you like it!

4. Strategic Targeting

Spelling high-scoring words and using powerups are only part of the battle. Choosing which Scroodle to target is also critical to success. Do you go after the low health Slug? How about the high intelligence Magic Mirror? Or the Jello that can duplicate?

[​IMG]

10. MadSallyGames

#10 MadSallyGames, Aug 21, 2015
    5. AI that Spells like a Human

Ever played a word game where the computer spells some ridiculous word you didn’t know existed? Not in Scroodles. The AI is built to use only words used in everyday conversation. And they don’t cheat – the AI uses the same set of letters as the player.

[​IMG]

11. MadSallyGames

#11 MadSallyGames, Aug 22, 2015
    6. Fun Characters

The ‘Scroodles’ are hilarious drawings that get their name from a combination of the words ‘Scribble’ and ‘Doodle’. Scroodles are drawn to life at the start of each level and get erased when defeated. Every Scroodle is colorfully illustrated and animated with individual voices and character profiles.

[​IMG]

12. MadSallyGames

#12 MadSallyGames, Aug 24, 2015
    7. Scroodle Stats​

Scroodles vary wildly in three statistical categories:
    • Intelligence – How smart they at spelling words.
    • Health – Hitpoints before they are erased.
    • Speed – How many turns they take before attacking.

[​IMG]

13. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    The characters look wow! Can't wait to try it.

14. MadSallyGames

Thanks! Our lead artist does incredible work.

8. Word Spells​

Some Scroodles use Word Spells to add an additional challenge for the player, such as covering tiles in ink or speeding up the timer. Erasing the Scroodle ends the spell. The Scroodle below can cause letters to spin and obscure a letter’s point value.

[​IMG]

15. MadSallyGames

9. Letter Immunity
    Certain Scroodles can ONLY be targeted by words starting with a specific letter. So an enemy with a ‘C’ weakness could be targeted by “Chairs” or any word that starts with ‘C’ (In this scenario a ‘C’ tile is made available each round).

[​IMG]

16. MadSallyGames

#16 MadSallyGames, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    Thanks!

10. Non-Annoying Social, Ads, and IAP

No posting on Facebook walls. Every ad is optional and gives an in-game reward. No charge for basic features needed to complete the game. Gamecenter and Google Play Services achievements supported. Leaderboards supported for each level. We respect and value all our players, both paying and non-paying.

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

17. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    that's look really intersting wording game, when i will get home i will use one of your promo codes to try this one, and give you my honest feedbacks

18. MadSallyGames

#18 MadSallyGames, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    Thanks so much! Would love to know what you think.

The Wizard

The Wizard is the man behind the curtain that created the Scroodles! He serves as both the villain AND your guide. Have you ever been insulted during a tutorial? Don't worry, he's just a bit cheeky. Also, if you turn on notifications the Wizard may mock you for not playing.

[​IMG]

19. shiny

shiny Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Design and concepts does seems interesting, do you have an a release date ?
    is the game paid or free ?

20. MadSallyGames

Game is free to download and set to release Wednesday(Sept 2)!