GAMELOFT pulls some good older games!!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KoRoV, May 7, 2014.

1. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Just a heads up, Gameloft pulls some of their older good games from appstore. Hero of sparta 1&2, dungeon hunter 1 are already gone for ever, so if you wona buy some good old games for your colection, now is your chance. More games are gone, i think no retina ones, who knows whats going on next.
    I know this is wrong threat, but everybody reads this threat so just so you all know.

2. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Who's threating who?
    I don't think this is gameloft's threat, why would they even threat their customers?

Some games don't even play on iOS 7 or new iphones/ipads I think that's why they're being pulled out of the appstore as most sales are actually later refunded

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think he meant THREAD.

4. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    oh, right

5. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Quite possibly the funniest thread/t I've stumbled upon. Godbless the Internets.

6. Cleafus

Cleafus Member

Aug 4, 2011
    So there is a right threat and a wrong threat?

7. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

They also pulled that Rayman 2 game or whatever.

8. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    It's about time they got rid of their non-functional games, instead of allowing people to waste money on broken crap. Of course... it'd be a lot nicer if these games were just patched up a little so they'd work properly again.

9. Digital_Guy

Digital_Guy Member

May 31, 2013
    RE: GAMELOFT pulls some good older games!!!

Oh, really?

Call me skeptical, but how do we not know that this original post isn't actually some type of publicity stunt meant to spur sales? Just checked the store catalog, a query of 'Gameloft' shows 155 titles, some from as far back as 2008. This guy almost had me starting to make purchases. Be careful what you read. And as for whoever began this conversation, follow the forum rules.

It's common for vendors to pull items from the store occasionally. Age may or may not have anything to do with the decision.

10. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    If you already own them, you can re-download them. If you don't own them, you weren't going to buy them.

I'd rather they updated their older games, but pulling them is perfectly fine.

11. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    As I said, this post was just a heads up. For me, hero of sparta, first brothers in arms works completly fine, like some other older games i own from gameloft. I didnt say buy them now, im just a gamer like all you guys, and i did spend around 20$ today on some older games to fill my colection, and i dont regret, couse some of those games are alot better than those games we geting these days. And until im waiting next 4 games that i want to be relesed, i have time to save till then :)

12. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    To be fair, plenty of Gameloft's games have been gradually disappearing from Gameloft's page for a while now. I first noticed it last year when I wanted to buy the Terminator Salvation game, only to find it had been removed. Ever since then, games like Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Rayman 2 and Earthworm Jim (I believe), among others, have been removed. That's part of the reason why I decided to buy Splinter Cell: Conviction at full price, so as to avoid regretting not having done so in the case it ended up removed as well.

I think it's far more likely that KoRoV really was trying to give a heads-up to anyone who might benefit from this.

13. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Exactly. BACKSTAB is a crashing mess on all devices, but inmagine it with the graphics and physics of Gangstar Vegas. Makes it way better.

14. epik5

epik5 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2013
    They might actually update backstab i hope..

15. It is not right to threaten anyone, whether you are a developer or purchaser.

Threateners often go to jail.

16. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Rockstar games pulled out GTA CW and update it to bw compatible with the latest iOS. Maybe the same for Gameloft?