Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-19-2014, 08:52 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Hey Dragonstones, what dungeon were you having trouble with? I had my game restored today and tried demonic V out of curiosity. I noticed that against Hhavoc I had a new permanent red status icon 0n the left edge that said "Cannot run" when I pressed on it; mortal strike has been nerfed, only lasts for 2 rounds on the monster instead of 4. This turned the Hhavoc battle into a 20-minute snorefest, he managed to heal a number of times including once when I was one attack from getting him under the 50% health mark where he changes form and stops healing. Otherwise didn't notice that monsters hit any differently though.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:47 PM

Anyone else having longer loading times? What would take one second or less is now taking anywhere from 5 -10 seconds. Just wondering.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:57 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin296 View Post
Anyone else having longer loading times? What would take one second or less is now taking anywhere from 5 -10 seconds. Just wondering.
I'm not. But you have to have a good network connection, I find I need wifi or a strong LTE data signal to play.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:00 AM

D'oh. Just played a level V again and NOW I see the red ball and chain icon. What's the point of building up your stats if the developers are just going to keep adjusting the rules against the players?? Heaven forbid players were actually enjoying the game.

Here's a news flash for the BBB developers lurking on this site: players enjoy a game more when they can win and accomplish things. I WAS buying diamonds to refill my AP to keep playing high AP cost dungeons when the game was fun. Adjusting the rules against the players so they die more in battle because you want them to buy diamonds to resurrect is NOT a fun.

Last edited by Dragonstones; 11-21-2014 at 09:05 AM..
Old 11-22-2014, 01:09 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

I've been playing this game on and off since March and have seen the game play swing back and forth in difficulty something like this:

1. Game is relatively easy.
2. BBB objects and hacks at abilities and sometimes equipment.
3. Changes aren't well tested and game is now too hard.
4. BBB notices players are giving up and makes changes to help.
5. Changes aren't well tested and players figure out how to exploit them.
6. BBB objects...

After experimenting for a couple of days it looks like BBB really, really didn't like the run & heal strategy and decided to kill it dead much like Soul Sacrifice got killed off a few months ago. And Haymaker has been nerfed for the second or third time since the original game release, it's a pretty marginal skill now. Mortal Strike took a big hit with the reduction in effect from 4 rounds to 2 as well. So far the only thing that has had a negative impact on my normal strategies is mortal strike which changed the level V Hhavoc battle from long to painfully long and crossed the line to "not fun" for me.

But the game is definitely back to the "too hard" column now. Given the holidays I expect it will be next year before they make changes to ease up on the difficulty.