"Stay" by Anthropophagy

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Anthropophagy, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Anthropophagy, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
    Hey y'all,

we've got a little pre-alpha preview to show off. We wanted some feedback from the community, so let us know what you think:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We wanted to make a game that would be hard or impossible to do on another platform, but that felt right at home on the iPhone/iPod Touch. "Stay" is a balance game, but doesn't make use of the accelerometer. Instead you drop blocks onto a balance beam by touching where you want a block to appear. You can create up to five blocks simultaneously, which is one of those things that could only really be done well with the multi-touch interface.

Stay has a couple of modes; in the main game mode the player tries to keep a given shape on the balance beam for as long as possible. There are a variety of different types of blocks that behave in different ways which keeps gameplay fresh and offers room for more strategies and play styles. There's also a survival mode where the player is given a life meter which drops while the balance beam is below a certain angle.

we're excited to see what you guys think. Let us know.

2. Tahuri

Tahuri Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Innovative!

Wow a great concept! The video looks really good, but I'm not really liking the X's and Lines over the menu buttons. Other than that GREAT!

Any price info, I'll most likely get this =)

beta testing?

keep us posted!

3. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    #3 indyraider4, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
    Wow, it looks really cool and polished. I love the style. You must have a really cool graphic designer/typographer to work with!

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I like the many blocks with wacky abilities to contend with!

5. Hey, thanks everyone, we're glad you guys like what you see so far. Gets us all jazzed up to finish it and get it out there.

we're thinking like $1.99, then we could do 99¢ sales every once in a while?? What do you guys think? (I know most of yous will want 99¢ always, but we need money checks, cash american. we have tons of great ideas that will go to waste if we don't get paid ^_^)

6. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    Honestly, this is a great little concept. I really dig it a lot. The art direction is pretty great too, looks like a lot of fun. Do you guys have any idea when you're going to submit? Or how much it might launch at? Think I'll be making a blog post about this one :D

7. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    awesome graphics! I like that "OK GO" the most :p
    I'd get that game for sure, ( if my iphone didn't go swimming in italy :D) but i can't xD

8. miked

miked New Member

Apr 2, 2009
    intrinsic ombudsman
    Pacific NW
    That is a beautiful game--nicely done! Don't lowball--$1.99 is good. That said, it's not really the kind of gameplay that I am interested in, but I'd be tempted to buy it anyway just because it looks so swanky.

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It seems a fair price although I'm hoping for updates every so often with NEW block types!

10. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    Wrote a little bit about it here: http://tr.im/tyPR - Best of luck with the rest of development and its launch!

11. yeah! Thanks astrosaurus, we'll keep you in the loop. Let us know if you need anything else from us, we'll be happy to oblige.

12. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG