Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-06-2013, 05:01 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

You...didn't read any of the other posts did you?
Old 07-06-2013, 05:08 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

It crashes for me at the same place during intro and some of the dialogue is in Korean. It is quite buggy. There is always hope dev will fix it. As for now I will pass.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyft View Post
You...didn't read any of the other posts did you?
I did. I skipped the cutscene that was bugged, which avoids the bug, allowing you to play normally after that. Because the bug can be avoided, I didn't see it as a problem, because I can keep playing the game. No further crashes yet, not even with future cutscenes; the bug is specific to that particular cutscene. Running 6.1.3 on an iPhone 4S.

It wasn't that I disagreed that that specific bug existed. I disagreed that this game was terrible because of the bug. Bugs are gonna happen, be they minor palette muck-ups or game-crashing events. Those who game on PC have lived just fine with bugs, and PC has had oodles of critically acclaimed games released for it, many of which were buggy *cough*Skyrim*cough*. Thus, as long as the game can be played in a reasonable state through some method, any bugs it has will not be serious negatives against it. Yes, bugs suck, but only if the game becomes completely unplayable as a result. If the game can still run well, either by avoiding the bug in-game or by some other action the player can do, then the bug is not the end of the world.

As to the game itself beyond the bug, I have to say that the atmospheric graphics are very striking for a KRPG. The various areas have little animated details in the background and sometimes the foreground, and the translations so far are spot on. Combat is more like a side-scrolling beat-em-up, and I was surprised to see gear reduced to two slots: weapon and armor. The skills and stat customization are simplified by KRPG standards, but it makes it easier to focus squarely on the gameplay. And that is your standard button-mashing, hot-key-pressing, simplified deal as with most KRPGs.

It is a standard KRPG with a prettier coat of paint than most, with a decent translation and a side-scrolling aesthetic. I'm not sure how far I'll get before I grow tired of it, like with so many other KRPGs I've played, but at least it is above average for the genre.

Sincerely,

Mr. Album
Old 07-28-2013, 08:52 PM

Default Dark Slayer Ex

Old 07-28-2013, 10:21 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Edit:
Old 07-28-2013, 10:42 PM

Just a warning. A free version of this was released. It was an absolute mess on my 5th gen touch. Constant crashing. Seemed like that was the same on all devices.
Unless they have fixed it, I wouldn't suggest picking this up.
Still no update for the free version. I'd assume nothing is fixed. If it is, seems like this could be alright.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:47 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I played the free version a while back too and i can confirm it's a crashfest on my ipad mini. I can skip some scenes to get through, but that defeats the whole purpose of the game.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Ugh this game still hasn't been fixed.

And on a side note...why do I always read this game as being titled "Dork Slayer" and then giggle to myself.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:49 AM

Downloaded on iPhone 5 and managed to get a few quests in... Then when talking to some dude it threw to the menu to try a card battle, select battle nothing, select continue nothing. Close and reopen nothing. Start a new game works fine... I wouldn't risk putting time into this to loose it or be bugged further in. Deleted!
Old 07-29-2013, 03:51 AM

6.1.4 - 2 GB free space. All other apps closed.