Recommend a game to me

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    #1 Papa Deuce, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    That meets a lot of this criteria:

Offline play .... An absolute must have
    Infinite replay
    No IAP
    Not XCOM

I like simulations, rpg, strategy, tower defense ( but not crazy looking TD games ).... Not PvZ like
    I would probably love Transport Tycoon, but I read it has some issues, but that is right up my alley.
    I would love Baldur's Gate, most likely, but I hear of really bad control issues
    Absolutely nothing that has an anime / Asian look to it.
    Something that takes hours to complete
    No need for online play as I don't play online except on my PC.
    Easy to pick up and play. I hate going through tutorials. I love the way Diablo 3 ramps up the learning curve on ps3.

$10 or under.

Oh, and I love turn based, but it doesn't have to be..... And I hate games that require me to be fast on the controls. I am a slow old guy, lol.

Will be for the mini.

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Baldur's Gate's controls are just fine. The game's perfectly playable and enjoyable.

Have you looked at Dungeon Raid?
    Battleheart
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ~ not so much infinite replayability, but it takes a while to complete once, and you can replay it at least three times.
    Helsing's Fire ~ One of my favorite games of all time, and while it's not a strategy or RPG it's got absolutely infinite replayability.
    Tile to Live ~ Again not so much an RPG, but there's a load of replay value there.

3. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    Ok, I just bought Helsings HD.... Not bad, but I only played 5 minutes so far.

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #5 Echoseven, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    It's one of the first games I bought and hasn't left any of my phones since. Is there anything more specific you're looking for? If you give examples we may be able to suggest more.

(Baldur's Gate and that are a good start, but more is always nice.)

EDIT: I would also suggest Solomon's Boneyard and Solomon's Keep. Boneyard is a free arena-style game and Keep is similar, but with a start and an end.

5. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    See. On PC I like things like business simulators, or an old PC game called Democracy. I loved Civ 2. Basically a game with real substance to it. I take a fair amount of 3 hour plane trips and would love to find a game that would keep me busy for a whole flight. Maybe I will get Transport Tycoon.

6. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Frozen Synapse.

7. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    King of Dragon Pass, Starbase Orion, Hard Time, Breach and Clear, Rebuild and Organ Trail are some games that I love and have infinite replay value for me. They also dont really need quick reactions and are a real joy to play.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Not to take money away from the developers, but if you want to try it out, OpenTTD is more or less the same thing on PC, but totally free. Just bear in mind that if you decided to buy Transport Tycoon later on, it hasn't been expanded nearly as much as OTTD has, so you might find yourself missing features.

9. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    Good to know, tyvm.

10. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Seconding KOTOR,I still play it on my PC :D and if you like strategy games Starfront Collision is fun and there are skirmish matches to play when you don't want to play campaign. If you're on an iPhone 5 or up or iPod 5 it isn't fitted to the screen though. And there is multiplayer but ya said you don't care about that but it's always nice to know that eh?