Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-27-2014, 09:25 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

The fact that this has no timers, or other things hindering your gameplay without IAP is awesome. Actually more inclined to spend some money on this. Fun game.

One question though, can you get ships without paying gold? I looked in the store and all of it seems to be only purchasable with gold.

Last edited by FriedSushi; 08-27-2014 at 09:30 PM..
Old 08-29-2014, 07:03 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedSushi View Post
The fact that this has no timers, or other things hindering your gameplay without IAP is awesome. Actually more inclined to spend some money on this. Fun game.
Yep. So far, the freemium model seems eminently generous, possibly one of the more unstinted so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedSushi View Post
One question though, can you get ships without paying gold? I looked in the store and all of it seems to be only purchasable with gold.
Only gold, as far as I've discovered. But the game is quite generous about handing it out, rewarding us with them shiny nickels both when we increase in rank in async PvP and when we beat regular levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I guess this is why the game is in soft launch, for balancing etc. I really like the harpoon chick, but she is sort of useless on most levels.
I find her to be the most useful of all crew members, on just about all levels in the game. So far, I've yet to play a map where she cannot be employed properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I'm not quite sure how the power-ups work either. Like my dude with the explosive green boxes I'll use it and it shows a finger tapping on the enemies but when I tap there they all explode mid-air? Any suggestions?
You tap once to explode all falling barrels. Therein lies the skill in the power-up: you have to keep track of all three as they fall, and explode them at the opportune moment. (And on some levels, you can possibly push two pirates at the same time over their relative edges.)

Also, just like this pirate's thrown barrel, you can just let them lie, and explode them at a later point in time by striking them with projectiles. A quite fun and strategic element that makes it possible to set up quite spectacular chain reactions.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:19 PM

I'm stuck on boss at level 50. Anyone have any suggestions? Recommended is shield guy which seems completely useless to me. The boss is buried under a huge stack of barrels
Old 08-31-2014, 12:07 AM

Been playing this for two weeks straight now and I'm still addicted. And I still haven't payed a cent. I feel like dropping some money on gold just to give them a tip for an excellent game.

It's still pretty buggy, and I just had my first lost gold due to a lost connection. After two dozen tries as well. Grrr.

I find the pattern with all the new guys to have them be borderline useless at first until you upgrade their weapons and learn to master them. Some tips: duel early, duel often. Max out weapons with black smithing, then clothes. Bring two maxed out characters (barrel and arrow guy have killer abilities with raining barrels and arrows) and a newbie to level them up quickly. Always go back for the gold rewards. They're worth it.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:32 AM

The game is randomly freezing/crashing on my ipad air..... It occured more after buying the Kraken ship?? Too bad.. Is quite a nice little game
Old 08-31-2014, 06:59 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I played this using a guest login, if I connect to Facebook, will I have to go through the tutorial stages again?
Old 09-02-2014, 11:02 PM

Can't even open it anymore. Loads forever and then I get to my ship and there's no pirates on it. Says tap to continue but does nothing :/

EDIT: Delete and reload fixed it.

Last edited by Erik Veland; 09-14-2014 at 01:33 AM..
Old 09-14-2014, 01:32 AM

Seems I've hit the end of the game. No further worlds past 8. Only a handful places I haven't finished with gold. I'm on level 45 and there seems to be quite a few crewmen left to hire, but no obvious way of getting them? I'm at level 45, buccaneer pirate class (11) and my weekly duel ranking is 592.

For only have put in Aud 6.49 to get the aegir I feel this game has been well worth my time and money. Five weeks of solid gameplay. Probably north of 80 hours. Got my wife and house mate addicted too.

With close to zero nagging about IAP, this is probably the best freemium game I've ever played.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:29 AM

Anyone can tell me at wich level the ships after mauna loa become available, please? It's been a while since i'm not unlocking anything..