iPad Skies of Glory - from the makers of F.A.S.T.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. blackdog

blackdog New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Some basic questions from a newb

OK, I've read a bunch of the posts here, and I've dl and played most of the tutorial. I'm on Android, not iphone. Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 with Gingerbread.
    Some basic questions.

1 Where are you guys seeing the DLC packages? On the Android Market I see ONLY the SoG Reloaded game...absolutely nothing else. No planes, packages or anything.

2 Although in about 3 hours of play I've gotten pretty good at flying, I can barely hit the stationary targets and hitting the moving trucks is very, very tough. Even when it appears I have a direct hit, I still don't see a kill occurring. (once I managed to make one truck give off a bit of smoke as it moved)
    Then, onto the dogfight exercise in the tutorial...I can't even begin to understand where the other guy is coming from! I manage, following arrows all over the place, to see him flash by every one in a while but in no way does it seem possible to adjust my flight to intercept and get off some shots! I feel like I could play this another forty or fifty hours and still not get this! (I'm not an imbecile or anything...I've got reasonable hand to eye coordination)
    Sensitivity setting is at about 60% and difficulty is set around 25%. My device is calibrated. Anyone care to offer some basic tips that might make this a 5-hour learning curve instead of 40?

3 Also it seem nuts that you need to use the rudder pedals constantly and then you need to use the same fingers for the guns. How the heck to you maintain control at those last few seconds when you need to go for the guns?

4 What is the radar dome all about? i can hardly see anything more than the tiniest specs on there. Is there any way to understand where I am on the "map" relative to my home base?

Thanks. Would appreciate any feedback you could offer me!

2. Thomas8294

Thomas8294 Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Virginia,USA
    Blackdog,
    My name is Tom but in the game I normally go by Q-Ball. Currently though my name is Ziggy and I am number 2 on the leaderboard. Make no mistake about that though as the leaderboard is about 50% skill and 50% time played. Currently all the members inside the top 10 are quite skilled and extremely well versed in how to play the game. OK, with that out of the way I will try and answer whatever questions you have and help in any way I can.

1. I think for the Android phones SoG Reloaded is all that is available to you. It gives you several planes and I think all the campaigns but I could be wrong as I normally use an iPhone.

2. You inability to hit moving targets is highly understandable. It takes time to learn how to play. My suggestion is that you play with the throttle more. Learn how each plane behaves and where their stall point is. As you may have noticed, if you drop the speed to low you stall out. If your speed is too high when you are learning how to hit targets then the plane seems to be unstable and everything sails by you too quickly. Take it slow and easy and do not worry about anything else besides hitting your target. It is a learning process you have to go through. A hint for you though is the slower you are going the fast you can actually turn. Slow down before you turn and speed up coming out of it. Also, when you first appear on the screen in your plane, the speed you are traveling at is actually the "cruising" speed for that particular plane. It is the speed that that plane is most maneuverable at. You will still need to slow down going into a quick turn and speed up coming out but in general that speed is best.

3. The radar on an Android I have heard is very difficult to see. You are always at the center of the radar though, if that helps.

4. SoG has a facebook page where a lot of veterans hang out. You should also find that. You can look me up there also and I can help you further if you wish by flying "private" matches with you.

Tom

3. blackdog

blackdog New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Thanks Tom! Appreciate all your advice. Hope the Android side of this improves this year. In the meantime, I'll practice more.

4. Black Sheep

Black Sheep Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Kent, UK
    Woohoo!! Hello TA!!! How is everyone!?!?

5. Rebel1699

Rebel1699 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Hey Guys!!!!! Just checking in. Great to see you posting here Q-Ball and w00per!

6. Black Sheep

Jun 3, 2010
    Kent, UK
    Nice to see you also Corly!!

7. R2v35

R2v35 Active Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Sup my people?!?!!.. LOL BlackSheep hehe

8. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    I wouldnt count on it.

9. sawDrogo

sawDrogo Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Manila, Philippines
    hello guys!! this is gonna be a long readings!! just checking in. lol

10. Black Sheep

Jun 3, 2010
    Kent, UK
    Hey Drogo!! Nice to see you here!

11. sawDrogo

sawDrogo Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Manila, Philippines
    hello!! anybody here? just checking in...

12. Hyena

Hyena Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Hello, hello ... Anybody out there

13. m@yh3m

m@yh3m Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Still Alive! (no, not really; this page is deader than a doornail); just came looking for some photos I uploaded.

14. cyriljt

cyriljt New Member

Apr 15, 2012
    thanks for the game

15. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
  16. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
  17. Avid Tar

Avid Tar Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Hi everybody!

18. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Hi Avid...

Many of us changed to Rise of Glory or Air Supremacy... made by the developer of SoG, REVO

SoG is starting to be a rip off.. You pay for one plane what you pay for another game. They change the plane stats after you bought it.

Only the support is as good as before: It does not exist. :)

19. Black Sheep

Jun 3, 2010
    Kent, UK
    I just got the new TA app. I wish we had this when this thread was still alive.

20. sawDrogo

sawDrogo Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Manila, Philippines
    Hello all. I just love the mobile TA app! :)