The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3821 backtothis, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    Showed way too much self-control tonight. Went out with a list of gaming items that was 3x longer, lol. They were out of stock on quite a few other games I wanted. That's probably for the best though.

Decided to go with Dishonored instead of ACIII. The setting in ACIII is so cool, but I feel like it'd play too similar to the other games.

Attached Files:

2. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3822 backtothis, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    Insane amount of deals on AAA titles from the past year just popped up. They're all $10 a pop..Skyrim, Max Payne 3, etc.

Added to my purchased list: Witcher 2, Saints Row: The Third, Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Came out to $32.43 with tax. That's just insane.

LINK: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/list/size.48/ThemeID.27509700/ceid.194394100/categoryID.60911300/sort.listPrice/order.up?ClickID=b6enfysfdssz1vzungkfklk6n6fmddgqnqqv

I am not buying another game for the 360 until the AAA titles pick up again in Feb/Mar: Dead Space 3, GoW: Judgment, Tomb Raider, BioShock Infinite, etc. The list of 360 games I haven't inserted into the console once is now past 10. Deja vu, iOS.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    So who's excited for Far Cry 3 next week? The reviews are absolutely smashing it and I'm beginning to think it may be the open-world FPS I've always wanted. I enjoy the mechanics of FPS but the linearity always sucks, and BLOPS 2 providing branching paths doesn't cut it. I can't wait to get out into that lush jungle environment and start playing it the way -I- want to. Speaking of which, how freaking big is that place?! Ten times bigger than FC2 apparently, and that was huge already. I'm all about freedom in games, and this is pushing my buttons. Jeeps, boats, jetskis, hang gliders, explosives, fire, platforming sections, stealth, guns blazing... the options are killing me.

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I'm very excited for Far Cry 3. I loved Far Cry 2 and was able to overlook it's flaws, unlike a lot of people. From what I've seen of Far Cry 3, it looks absolutely incredible. This'll be the first new retail game I will have bought for my PS3 since Skyrim, over a year ago. I cannot wait.

Here's a good gameplay video. It doesn't contain any story spoilers but if you want to avoid seeing any of the new features, weapons, vehicles etc then I suggest you don't watch it.

5. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm gonna have to save that video until next week, I haven't actually read any full reviews yet because I can't stand the excitement :p

I thought FC2 was great too, but the weapons breaking, respawning patrols and malaria were still the main things I wanted changed or removed. As long as they were sorted I knew I'd be happy with FC3, everything else is just the icing on the cake. I'm liking the greener environment too, FC2 was beautiful but you just can't ignore this colour!

6. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    FC3 definitely looks sick. Not sure if I'll enjoy it more than the Borderlands games though.

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I love Borderlands for the co-op and the RPG elements, but in terms of shooter mechanics it doesn't really come close to... pretty much any other modern FPS. It's closer to the likes of old school Doom-like shooters with it's arcade style.

8. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Farcry 3 looks amazing. I have 6 games coming my way, anyway. :( hopefully it drops in price when it's Christmas.

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
  10. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I've got 3 games I'm considering
    Forza Horizon - liked forza 4 and also like NFS games apparently this is a cross of the 2
    NFS most wanted - I like NFS games so.....
    F1 Race Stars - this is mario kart but with f1 theme right?
    Which should I get ?

11. Nidol

Nidol Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    #3831 Nidol, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    Yeah I ordered Max Payne 3 for 20 and Witcher 2 for 10 from GameStop for cyber Monday, should be here next week. I was gonna get far cry 3 but I decided I got too much with college apps and stuff to really play anything, just took advantage of deals, so ill pick that up Jan 3rd after I turn in my stuff, then dead space 3 and GTA V for the future, that about it, I haven't even played halo or cod though but whatever AC3 was good but ill catch up over the summer.

P.S. really really excited for FC3 gonna be sick, one of favorite series, wish I could get on launch but it all good. Going to Stanford or Northwestern seems like a much better option than just copping out and going to Ohio State to play FC3 LOL

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I've got Forza Horizon coming from the Microsoft Store for $15 (Black Friday deal). I also grabbed Fable The Journey for $10 from same. Figured for that price it's worth a shot.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The fact that I actually sat through the entire 10 minute thing without being bored is a testament either to my laziness or their aptitude at producing a trailer.

14. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I've been playing some Far Cry 3 today (on my PS3). I've only played the tutorial missions and had a wonder around some of the islands, but I'm super impressed by it, it's easily my favourite game of the year. I must get back to playing it again. Hope you've been enjoying it, MidianGTX.

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just got the online portion of my BF shopping shipped. Now, I literally have 10 unboxed AAA titles from the past year. The iOS really changes your buying habits when it comes to gaming software..for the worse. I used to never buy new console games unless I only had 1-2 games to finish, lol.

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Holy effing ess. I've been playing the crap out of it for twelve hours straight. The only flaws I can find with it are so pointless they're not worth repeating. Clearing out an enemy outpost with a bow from a hill 50 meters away is one of the gaming highlights of my life. It's the first game this year that's truely exceeded my expectations, this is top list stuff.

17. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I've been playing farcry 3 on my Xbox for the past day and it is very good.

18. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Anyone?

19. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Forza horizon for realism.
    NFS for arcade racing.
    I don't know the other one. I'd prefer NFS, but I don't like realism.

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    NFS Most Wanted still isn't anywhere near as good as Burnout Paradise, so if you don't have that yet, make it a priority and forget the fact it's an older game.