★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipad2user View Post
Game looks great and I loved Qix in the arcades waaaaaay back

anyone done a review on the iap layout?
The IAPs are far from necessary. I've managed to easily almost complete the game without them.
05-10-2013, 01:53 AM
A cool game with good game mechanics.... It's major flaw however is it's lifespan.... Finished it within a day and got almost all trophies... Hardly any replay value.... Hope they will add levels and new musea soon!
05-13-2013, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxiccheese View Post
I've picked this up today and managed to unlock the entire museum and all the zones in two sittings. The final zone is a real challenge. By the time you get to the final zone you will be making plenty of cash. I haven't even thought of making any IAPs. My strategy is to purchase a bunch of the holographic decoys and just drop them as I work my way through the dig. It can be very frustrating since you have to reach the checkpoint on each zone and then you must complete three areas in a row without dying. It wasn't so hard that it frustrated me, it just kept me coming back. I seem to be about a half zone away from actually completing the whole game. Hope the ending is cool (if there is one).
Your strategy works fine, I have to admit. And I didn't get that you just can replay mastered areas if you are too low on cash. The key is to buy the right powerups and using them generously. I got quite a bit further with that slowing-down knife of time.
06-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
Update 1.1 is out!

List of stuff:

- iPad 1 and iPod Touch 4 is now supported!
- 14 new hats with new abilities!
- Game powerups and economy rebalanced.
- New HARD mode! After finishing, replay the game in this challenging mode with new enemy combinations!
- "Zones" screen now allows you to go to any checkpoint you've unlocked
- iCloud saving
- Minor bugfixes