Forever Lost: Episode 1 - New Adventure Game Coming Soon! - [ Universal ]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by GlitchGames, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Does anyone want any more screenshots?

Also, do you know what the average size of your adventure games are? Are game has gotten very big size wise so will most likely have to split it into phone/tablet versions and just wondering what peoples thoughts are on that?

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It's not that I don't want any more screen shots, but I think we've gotten a good feel for what's coming. As for the average adventure game size, it's really all over the map. I've had some that are as small as 25 to 30 MB, and then there are some (like many of the Anuman games) that top 500 to 600 MB or more. I'm going to be a bit selfish here and say that the size doesn't matter to me if it's universal, because I'll just play it on my iPad. However, to be fair to non-iPad users, especially unfortunate folks that have an iPod Touch 4, you might want to have two versions. I wouldn't do an iPad vs. iPhone version, though. I would do an iPhone and then a universal. But, that's just me and I'm not a developer yet.

3. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    I probably got a bit screenshot happy :)

I think a iPhone and then Universal one would work perfectly, hadn't actually thought of doing it that way so thanks!

Do they usually get called "Game Name" and "Game Name HD" ?

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Unfortunately there is no "usual" when it comes to naming. I've seen iPhone only games called "HD". Other times they'll call the iPad version "some name" and the iPhone version "some name for iPhone". Personally, I like "some name" for iPhone and "some name HD" for iPad / Universal. That makes the most sense to me.

5. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Yea that's what I was thinking, so we will go with "Forever Lost: Episode 1" and "Forever Lost: Episode 1 HD"

We're not sure if we are going to use individual episode names or just stick with Episode 1 etc yet though.

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    My personal opinion is that even though it makes the name longer, if you go with "subtitles" I'd still leave at least an Ep. 1, Ep. 2 designation. That way people know what order the games go in :)

7. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Make sense to me

8. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Yea definately going to leave Ep/Episode 1 etc in, just not sure if we need something along the lines of:

"Game Name: Episode 1 - The Case of the Missing Shoe"

Good good :)

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Usually doesn't hurt (unless it's something silly like "case of the Missing Shoe" :rolleyes: ), but really isn't necessary.

10. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I like that better. Feels like you know more of what you are getting into

11. El_Enemigo

El_Enemigo Active Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Salesman, marketing
    Montevideo, Uruguay.
    game

Hope I'm not late to beta test, since I joined the Test Flight for you guys.
    Amazing screens, amazing vibe. But I want to know a little bit of the game.

It's an adult themed adventure? It looks like a psychological suspense game. A-la-Silent Hill. Where are you heading to with this game?

Congratulations for your -already-can-see- hard work.

I defintly MUST buy, day one.

12. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    That title was the first thing that came into my head as an example but weirdly it is basically the plot of The Hauntening :)

Hopefully we can come up with a decent episode title, as you can see from "The Hauntening" and my previous example name above, I'm not great with names :)

13. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Not too late at all, we are just doing some final tweaks and checks etc for the Beta builds and hope to be sending them out tomorrow ( our time ).

As for theme, we have tried to make a game that would be suitable for all ages but naturally as a puzzle game some of the puzzles might be too tricky for the younger audiences. I think psychological suspense/mystery would probably be a good name for it really.

Thank you for the kind words, it really helps us keep motivated and hopefully shows us we're on the right track :)

14. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thank you to EVERYONE that has signed up to be a tester, we think we have enough for now ( a lot more than we were expecting too ) so have decided to close the signup link.

There are a few people who haven't registered any devices with TestFlight yet so if this is you, please add one or you won't be able to test :-(

We're just sorting out some annoying little issues and hope to be sending out builds later today or tomorrow.

15. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Just to keep anyone watching this thread informed of what's happening, the first beta builds have just gone out to testers :)

16. I was gonna say... Stop posting so many screen shots or we'll have nothing new left to see in the game ;)

17. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Yea I may have put too many on but don't worry, I also held loads back :)

18. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    I think it is already too many screenshots, it feels like you have seen most of the game.

and btw. there are several screenshots where objects/lights do not cast shadows.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It definitely was quite a few screen shots, but I don't think you've seen most of the game. Maybe it's just because I've been wandering back and forth a lot, but the game seems pretty sizable to me so far, especially given the amount of sub-screens in the different room. I'm quite enjoying what I've played.

20. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Wow! Impressive!