Use the Rope - action game based on physics!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mugeaters, Aug 9, 2011.

1. #1 Mugeaters, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

This fall will be full of new adventure. We are presenting an action game based on physics named Use the Rope. From creators of puzzle game Woozzle, but now no more thinking, no more puzzles and brain teasing mazes. Now is time to revolution, now is time to fun and relax. Extremely simple controls and gameplay with beautiful graphic is coming soon. Follow us for more info and be part of something extraordinary. More info coming soon, stay in touch.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/Mugeaters
    visit us on fb: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mugeaters/170907776264487

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Creative Name!

Not......Why do you have to ride of over games success to come up with your game name? I liked your game Woozle and played it quite a bit but this is just despicable. Come on you guys where creative with Woozle. Surely you can come up with your own name? Having the Rope on the end of your game name is just going to put people of as they know what your doing......

3. First of all.. as you can see, you wrote Woozle instead of WooZZle.. Woozzle is combined of wooden puzzle = WOOden puZZLE = WOOZZLE.. But we learned using of oo, zz or similar is bad for brand.

Use the Rope is exactly perfect fit name for unique gameplay which we developed. And the another reason will be revealed after release.

4. kaelRox

kaelRox Active Member

Jul 14, 2011
    #4 kaelRox, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
    Oh, do you even be able to develop an apps is first question you should ask yourself?...Where did the dev copy from?...If this app came out first then you would be blaming the 'other' dev as well?

5. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Actually yes i know a little bit of coding and i am sure i am able to develop some apps if i try. But i'm in the Media part of the industry not the developing part.

But ask yourself, What does that have to do with what i was saying about the name?

6. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Whereas you're hoping that people will assume your game has some connection to Cut the Rope or its developers and buy it? I wouldn't say that's actually "good" for your brand.

Pretty sure I just gave the reason.

7. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Lols @thegamesdev, That's two people that realize this. You will have about 80% of the App Store not looking at your game just because of the name.

8. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    You guys, chill out. Thats kinda rude to bash this dev based on the name of his upcoming app. So what if he's using this specific name to gain recognition. If it's no good, it's no good and the ratings will show.

And what if the name fits perfectly with his game.. Can you blame him.

9. There are two games with 'the Rope'.. Cut the Rope (first usage of the Rope) and Burn the Rope. No one have connection to our gameplay as you can see later on screens and videos. We believed no connection is needed and the name is only coincidence.

And as I wrote prev.. The name ideally fit the gameplay and its much better like 'story of a little star game'.

10. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Yes but those two games where getting developed at around the same time and came out only months after eachother.

We ain't talking about the gameplay. Hell people won't even look at the gameplay knowing you are riding of other games names.

I'm not trying to sound rude or start an argument, all i am saying is that it doesn't matter what you think or what the gameplay is like it's what the wide variety of gamers think and if they think the sameway as i do (As many do) then you will lose sales.

Im sure TA members can come up with a better game name. We just need some gameplay vids :p

11. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Best of luck on the release. Don't worry about the critics as long as the game is good. I don't really play 'casual' games but I feel that the way they judged you and your game was very uncalled-for.

12. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    You've already shown with Woozzle that you're capable of making a polished, fun game. Don't demean yourself by latching onto a familiar name in order to springboard off its popularity; if you're telling the "story of a little star", how about coming up with a title that reflects this?

13. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    That's what im trying to say. I'm not saying that he is a bad developer as i loved Woozzle, Im just trying to help out and suggest that the game name is not the best name for the game.

I recon the dev should start a thread asking for suggestions for game names as i am looking forward to the game but the name, "well......" may put users of.

We are only trying to help. We in no way mean to offend anyone. :(

14. I see.. I think, much important is game icon.. If you are present in some categories like News & Noteworthy etc, first what you see is icon. If the icon is bad, you probably will be not interest.

I started development Use the Rope on May of 2011 and the last thing I was thinking was Cut the Rope or Burn the Rope.. Cut the Rope has new release a few days old, thats pretty interest coincidence with our schedule.. but thats life of developers.

If you are thinking Players won't buy it for name as the main argument, we are strong to fight against it. Both 'the Rope' games are levels based puzzles, our game is not. Im curious which discussion will be under the gameplay video thread :)

15. kaelRox

kaelRox Active Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Its developer rights to publish any name that suits the app concept....i just wonder what do you know about developing apps...

16. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Did i not already say i know some of the coding that goes into them.

Also i had my own game concept a few months ago that i am looking into doing when i get some money :p

Why what do you know?

17. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I must admit I clicked into the thread thinking it was something to do with 'Cut the Rope' otherwise I wouldn't have.

18. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Agreed! Especially while I already get enough Cut the Rope, I won't click this thread.

PS: However, I am always bad as naming my app so far. :(:(:(:(

19. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    I would help ya mate :p

20. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Haha, I definitely count you in for my next product mate, hope your name remains in special thanks in all of our up coming game! :)