App description: Behold! Yet another match-3 game, but

What's this? The sacred PUZZLE GEMS are in danger?! Are you brave enough to protect the PUZZLE GARDEN from an onslaught of rabid creatures and invaders from distant lands?

Sharpen your blade and focus your mind, chosen one! Today marks the beginning of a long and difficult journey as you attempt to match your way to victory and everlasting glory!

Prepare yourself for:

Good ole' match-3 gameplay combined with realtime combat and a spoonful of RPG mechanics!

2 Minute quests allow for quick and convenient bursts of gameplay!

Train up a multitude of skills that drastically change the feel of the game!

Level up and unlock new SPECIAL GEMS that do super neat things!

Activate powerful elixirs to bend the rules of the game to your advantage!

Get to know all of the bizarre intruders in the Puzzle Garden!

Take on the world as you use your skills to rack up ridiculously HIGH SCORES!

This is your destiny... This is PUZZLE BLADE!

Silversteez's comments:
Hello!

My name is Matt Silverstein and Puzzle Blade is my first iOS game (iPad, specifically). It's a free game with some very reasonable (and totally non-essential) In-App Purchases so I hope you'll give it a chance!

I'm happy to answer any questions people have about the game or anything else. Thanks!

06-18-2013, 12:56 AM
This game is very cool and I am making good progress. It doesn't have as much story as Scallywags but its faster paced which is great.

If I can suggest one improvement, it would be good to remove some of the extra screens and pauses at end of level so I can get straight into the action.
06-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Still enjoying myself - just unlocked the second arena/level/dungeon (I forget the exact term and don't have my device in front of me), but I've been staying in the first to get better with easier enemies.

Two things: the option to add the attack-aura to the entire screen and not just above the enemy is (quite literally in the game) a lifesaver. A little feature that went a long way, thank you!

And the second - would you consider adding an endless/zen level? Some kind of "training ground" type of thing? I enjoy the fast pace of the battles themselves, but I'd also love the option to just dive in without any enemies or time limits.
06-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriana View Post
Still enjoying myself - just unlocked the second arena/level/dungeon (I forget the exact term and don't have my device in front of me), but I've been staying in the first to get better with easier enemies.

Two things: the option to add the attack-aura to the entire screen and not just above the enemy is (quite literally in the game) a lifesaver. A little feature that went a long way, thank you!

And the second - would you consider adding an endless/zen level? Some kind of "training ground" type of thing? I enjoy the fast pace of the battles themselves, but I'd also love the option to just dive in without any enemies or time limits.
+1 for a Zen level

I will have to try the attack aura option.

I'm surprised more people aren't playing this?