Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (February 20)

View Poll Results: What was your favorite release the week of February 20?
Bug Heroes 2 24 42.86%
Astro Golf: Taking Mini Golf to New Heights 1 1.79%
FlapThulhu: Flappy Madness 2 3.57%
Second Chance Heroes 3 5.36%
Tiny Goalie 9 16.07%
Tengami 3 5.36%
Calculords 7 12.50%
Coldfire Keep 1 1.79%
Unstoppable Square 1 1.79%
Word Mage 5 8.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll
02-26-2014, 07:30 AM
#81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topherunhinged View Post
I didn't nominate anything, why that would matter is absolutly stupid, but it looks like pretty much every game released, that I know off, made the list anyway. I voted for Calculords because I haven't yet played Tengami, Coldfire Keep is basically a mess, I spent this week playing Machinarium anyway and all the other games on the list look so beyond awful, or are so beyond awful, that I won't even bother with them.

I actually think Doomdarks is the most interesting game this week but it's kinda cheap for a port to win... R-type II.

*after playing more Calculords it seems to be turning into a crap grind fest, hopefully I'm gravely mistaken. Which leaves Tengami as the only interesting, non-port, game and I've yet to it.
We should just let you decide gotw
02-26-2014, 07:34 AM
#82
Bug Heroes 2 all the way. I cant remember any other game taking me by storm preventing me to even touch any other game for a whole week. GotY candidate.

02-26-2014, 12:46 PM
#83
Joined: May 2012
Location: THE NETHERLANDS
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
The problem I have with this weekly routine is that generally most participants have only tried one or two of the games. that means it's more of a virtual popularity contest than anything. I buy and try more games than most, but inevitably, there's always at least one game each week that gets by me that would have been in my gotw noms, had I tried it.

In order for it to be more accurate, all participants would need to have played all of the nominees.
That isn't possible, I know.

Don't get me wrong, I love the gotw threads...That s why I participate every week.
I see you on nearly every game Lazer Kat, have you won the lottery Ha Ha Ha.
02-26-2014, 01:08 PM
#84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Kat View Post
The problem I have with this weekly routine is that generally most participants have only tried one or two of the games. that means it's more of a virtual popularity contest than anything. I buy and try more games than most, but inevitably, there's always at least one game each week that gets by me that would have been in my gotw noms, had I tried it.

In order for it to be more accurate, all participants would need to have played all of the nominees.
That isn't possible, I know.

Don't get me wrong, I love the gotw threads...That s why I participate every week.
I agree and unfortunately, threads like these are always a popularity contest. I can only hope they drum-up enough discussion about each titles merits to offer them more exposure... and at least it's better than the garbage top 100 list from Apple, not much better but still.

A game of the month list would actually interest me more but with the fickle nature of gamer that iOS attracts I can see why game of the week is so popular.

*I can't believe Tengami only has one vote.

Last edited by Topherunhinged; 02-26-2014 at 01:26 PM.
02-26-2014, 07:19 PM
#85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
I see you on nearly every game Lazer Kat, have you won the lottery Ha Ha Ha.
I wish.
I have given myself about a $15/week budget for apps. Usually $5 of that a week I use to gift apps (I gift every app I love to at least one person).
Sometimes I spend more, especially when a $30 music app that I need comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topherunhinged View Post
*I can't believe Tengami only has one vote.
I can. Honestly, I didn't like it that much. It didn't even make it to my 5 gotw noms.
It is beautiful to look at, but I didn't enjoy the gameplay. I just kept getting stuck.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 02-26-2014 at 07:23 PM.
02-27-2014, 02:02 AM
#86
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Posts: 7,686
Haven't been on in a while. Glad to see Bug Heroes 2 came out. Gotta catch up on what seems to be a pretty good list of games.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
02-27-2014, 05:33 AM
#87
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Haven't been on in a while. Glad to see Bug Heroes 2 came out. Gotta catch up on what seems to be a pretty good list of games.
You sure came back at a good time! BH2, Calculords, and many others last week, Out There and Autumn Dynasty: Warlords this week, and Wave Wave and Foursaken's next game, Block Fortress: War, comes out next week (already!)
02-27-2014, 06:05 AM
#88
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Haven't been on in a while. Glad to see Bug Heroes 2 came out. Gotta catch up on what seems to be a pretty good list of games.
Dont forget the check games like Hoplite or Castle Doombad too