Universal Rules! (by TheCodingMonkeys)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Fuzzyaardvark

Fuzzyaardvark Active Member

Dec 24, 2011
    UK
    Maybe I wasn't doing it with enough effort. But thanks for letting me know that I at least have the right idea. I will give it a go on my phone.

2. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    If you play on ipad you have to make it super obvious though.

P

3. Fuzzyaardvark

Dec 24, 2011
    UK
    #63 Fuzzyaardvark, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    Yes. That was what the problem was. I was playing it on the iPad, and could not seem to get it to work (and I did try very enthusiastically). I then tried it on my iPhone, and it was a world of difference. I instantly passed that level.

I want to play it on the iPad, but if it stays the way it is then I shall be sticking to the phone version. I feel such a wimp :(

Edit : Just remembered this is still not universal, and therefore may be different when that version is released

4. zeitweise

zeitweise Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Game Developer
    Munich, Germany
    Universal version will be there on Wednesday. And regarding level 20: there will be a special solution for iPad.

5. Pedroapan

Aug 25, 2010
    Sounds great, looking forward to it!

Still haven't been able to pass level 20, aargh!!

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The Universal update is now out, for anyone who's been holding off on a purchase.

If you're still on the fence, it was also the TA Forum Game of the Week last week.

7. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I'm really enjoying this game. I haven't played in a day or 2, but for a couple of days I was hooked on this. Will definitely come back to it now with the update.

Does anyone know how many levels there are in total? Sorry if that's been answered already. My best level reached is 37, that's about the time my brain gets scrambled. :D

Nice idea, very well executed. Highly recommended.

8. Fuzzyaardvark

Dec 24, 2011
    UK
    I believe there are 100 levels.

I am loving the universal version. I can finally pass level 20 on my iPad. I was so excited, that I totally ignored what I was supposed to do next, and completely failed...

9. Pedroapan

Aug 25, 2010
  10. zeitweise

zeitweise Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Game Developer
    Munich, Germany
    2.0 Update

The Rules! 2.0 update is out now and brings leaderboards for flawless and best levels and also two new modes: beginner and timeless.

11. Snail Games

Snail Games Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    #72 Snail Games, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    I like the art design, especially the giant handlebar mustache

12. mankypoo

mankypoo New Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Does this game have game center achievements

13. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#74 sebgo, Apr 3, 2024
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2024
    AppStore Link ・‿・

This is by no means a new release, but it's a game that, for some reason, might have been overlooked. It even got quite a great score in its review from nearly ten years ago.

The only threads I found in the forum were its corresponding upcoming thread, also "How to get the game for free via the Apple Store app" (no longer doable, I suppose), and a price drop thread.

Since it got a recent update and there's no official thread in the iOS Games forum, I thought it'd be a good idea to share it with you so that, maybe, it'll grab someone's attention.

From a personal perspective, I think it's not fair a bunch of questionable cash grabs have their own thread while a cute, interesting, well reviewed and still supported game doesn't.

I hope you guys like it and, if you have it or get it, and feel proud about your results, I encourage you to share a screenshot of your best scores! (I'll do so on another post later).

Edit: For some reason, the YouTube trailer didn't get properly embedded. I must have done something wrong.

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    sebgo likes this.
  15. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Aaaaaagh!

IMG_0095.png

16. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Had this game on my phone and watch since release. Love this game.

This makes me want to fire it up. Fantastic game. Still holds up 100!

sebgo likes this.
  17. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#78 sebgo, Apr 3, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    I finished the new "Joyful" mode a few minutes ago, and even though it tells you what to do, step by step, it's still mentally demanding if you aim to reach the end.
    IMG_0101.png

18. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Awesome update. Still confirms I'm horrible at memory games. :p

sebgo likes this.
  19. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I think that, maybe, once we're familiarized with elements on screen, our memory and reaction time will improve. So, playing constantly might be the key. I'll try to play at least one game a day and see if that improves my performance.

tops2 likes this.