Confused about the spell book in the Sorcery series,

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Markku, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I don't understand the spell book in this game, so I'm playing the first 2 games and I go to cast a spell but it doesn't let me cast it the letters are not there I know there are spells that have items that are needed to cast but then there are spells that don't show up at all so the only thing I can think of would be the spell would not work here so the game just doesn't let you see it for that scene but that doesn't make sense because it lets me cast other spells that don't work, so what gives? How do I know if I know that spell? Maybe I don't have the spell? I thought if its in the book then I thought I know it..

2. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Your character knows all the spells but only some spells are offered at any decision point. You spell out each letter so the letter Z would be on the first level of choice, A on the second and Z on the third for the zap spell. But that will only be possible if ZAP is one of the options. So it you are trying to communicate with so goblins the DOP spell probably won't be offered as a choice.

Does that help?

3. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Also I think you need certain items and a bit of stamina for each spell so make sure you have that.