Is the developer Triniti a scam?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ufogeek, Oct 16, 2009.

1. ufogeek

ufogeek Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I got to notice this developer Triniti Interactive because of its recent strange app Awesome GameBox 11-in-1. You can see a discussion about the game here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=29250
    (that topic may be deleted any time)

I was wondering why an earlier thread about the same game got deleted. I think now I know.

The developer has a username here in TA, "triniti", and is banned:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/member.php?u=25743

All the topics started by triniti were locked for "multiple accounts/shilling":
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=26679&page=4
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=26132&page=5
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=27140&page=2

In view of these findings, would it not be prudent to alert all TA visitors? I am relatively new here, and rely on this forums to find great games. If the moderators of this forums are aware of Triniti as being dubious, shady, etc. why isn't there a sticky of some kind to warn fellow forumers especially newcomers? Shouldn't all promotion/discussions on the developer's games be locked?

Some points to ponder:

(A)
    Triniti publish games in the app store under three different names:
    Triniti Games
    Triniti Interactive
    MASQ Interactive

Very strange isn't it?

(B)
    No reputable review site reviews any of this developer's "better" games, despite the rave reviews in iTunes.

(C)
    Shilling is highly suspected - fake reviews in iTunes?

(D)
    The game Bowman Defense uses an art style that has an uncanny resemblance to Sony PSP's Patapon.

(E)
    The game King Fish uses art, sounds, and game play from PopCap's Feeding Frenzy. Is there any copyright infringement here?

(F)
    The icon for Call to Arms looks like something that Blizzard can sue over.

=====

So, I don't know. I am relatively new here. If there is some sort of history, would anyone care to share? Should I boycott all the games from this developer known as Triniti Games, also known as Triniti Interactive, also known as MASQ Interactive?

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    There is a Shill Reviewers List thread.

Crap, I bought this thing and didn't associate the two names. Maybe I'll be asking Apple for my money back sooner rather than later (was going to give them some time to make good on the additional two full games...)

Would also explain why that thread dissapeared.

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ya trinity is banned for having multiple accounts on TA. But as far as Awesome Gamebox is concerned, I really dont think it should be banned from discussions in TA. Another thread about the game created by trinity was deleted but the other thread doesnt have any reason to be locked (or thats what a mod told me, if it gets locked/deleted again then blame him, not me ;))

4. ufogeek

Oct 13, 2009
    how do we get a refund? i know it's just 99cts, but this has become a matter of principle... i think we can forget about them fulfilling their promises, because they have already broken their "99cts will end in 48hrs" promise.

the shill reviewers list is un-readable, as in, there isn't really any list!

5. ufogeek

Oct 13, 2009
    i agree that the discussions on awesome gamebox should not be deleted, but someone should post a warning about the developer's track record in that thread... many of us bought that game not knowing about triniti's dubious practices.

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    1) In iTunes on your computer - go to your purchase history, then the invoice where the purchase was made. Then click the "report a problem" button and explain the situation.

I don't think you can be mad at them for not honoring the sale end - I've seen this soo many times, sometimes the sale becomes the regular price. Most recent example is the very good Squareball, which was "launch sale $1.99" but now is $1.99 normally. (At least they removed the SALE stripe off of the icon!)

If their update with full versions of King Fish and Jailbreaker don't appear, I will be reporting a problem and asking for my $0.99 back.

2) Unfortunately you have to wade through the entire thread.

7. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I didn't know about any prior history with them but I don't have a problem with the Gamebox. There are eight full games on there for .99. There is a promise of more and since it has only been a few days, I think it is a little too early to suggest that they are not going to follow through with this.

I have paid .99 for much worse games, so I am willing to wait this out.