iPhone iSorcery - cool new RPG, Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ponyboy, Feb 6, 2014.

1. ponyboy

ponyboy Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    A friend of mine just sent me a Facebook link to a new game. Looks pretty cool too. iSorcery. Right up my alley. They went Kickstarter.

Get this, they are also offering the source code for all platforms - Apple, droid, kindle, win. I wish I could afford (anyone want to go in on it?) but I still pledged $5 for the game and to get the beta early. Sweet.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1407145836/isorcery-adventure-project

2. girlgamer

girlgamer Member

Feb 6, 2014
    You really should check this out.....

Game looks awesome. You should check it out. I'm going to pledge.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'll be stunned if this doesnt change names due to the Sorcery app. I cant believe they even thought of using iSorcery as the name.

Sounds like they're trying to jump on the back of the success of the Sorcery app. Bit like me doing a kickstarter for a new platform game and calling it iMario

You say its 'right up your alley', i'm stunned you havent posted once in any of the threads for the amazing app Sorcery

4. ponyboy

Feb 10, 2009
    I actually did pick up Sorcery (the first one). I like it I'm just not a big fan of the battle system. I try not to post negative reviews in forums--just my thing. But I do like the other game book apps.

As far as iSorcery PDA goes it's a remake of the game from over 10 years ago (search Sorcery PDA). I found many reviews and hits. And the Sorcery PDA version is a remake of Sorcery Falcon's Quest from the 80s which was also a software game. I don't think they are ripping off the Sorcery app.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Fair enough, sorry didnt realise that. Just was surprised at the title but you've shut me up !

I thought the Sorcery app was a clever way of doing something slightly different with fighting fantasy. As a huge fan of FF style books i love the 'old skool' way Tinman Games do their books, also the new look of the current Sorcery app. I think its just amazing to think that these old favourites from the 80's are now available digitally.

6. ponyboy

Feb 10, 2009