Lack of iPad games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by loves2spoon, Apr 23, 2010.

1. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Hopefully by this summer there will be many more games for the iPad!

The iPad app store feels empty.

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    it doesnt feel empty, it feels like everyone wants me to pay even more for the same game...ive been playing iphone games and its not bad...!

3. loves2spoon

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    I'd like to see more "Universal" apps. It's not right charging triple the price for nothing new.

4. loves2spoon

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    I don't see Pocket God for iPad... lol

Anyways there are what 20 maybe 30 "Quality" games for the iPad. Most are priced way too high from what were used to in the app store.

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    many of them are essentially the same thing as the iPhone versions, without much new content. I find very few of them to be worth their prices.
    also there's very little discussion on iPad games..guess no one has an iPad

6. loves2spoon

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Only two games that stand out in my mind that's worth $5 on the iPad.

Cogs and Minigore.

They both come with all DLC from the iPhone versions and Minigore has the new snow effect.

7. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    yeah. i got Harbor Master HD (free!) and it is amazing. but its also cool seeing how slow it was to play games on the ipod, but its silky smooth on an ipad!

8. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    Even though i don't own an iPad myself (been going to the apple stores, playing on them for hours daily!) i LOVE Touchgrind HD. That is the type of game i wanted on the iphone version, but it was obviously not possible.

I like Minigore for unlocking the characters...the HD version isn't that fun now that Sensei is unlocked :(

9. loves2spoon

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Sensei isn't unlocked on the iPad version.

10. chrisf82

chrisf82 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    My thoughts

I know where you're coming from. What I think we're seeing is that many developers chose to wait until they could test the games on an actual iPad before releasing something buggy. In contrast, you see lots of crappy rush jobs (with no care for quality) that people put out bc they are providing a product with little or no competition.

So for example, Lima Sky is working on finishing Doodle Jump now that they have iPads. Also, I sent Arthur Ham, creator of "Run!," and the guys at One Man Left, creators of Tilt to Live, tweets and they each said they wouldn't begin seriously developing iPad versions of their games until they had iPads of their own to test the games on. Just to give a few examples.

One thing that really bugs me (on an unrelated note) is the abbreviated version of the app store that is on the iPad. There's no access to your wish list, heck you can't even search in games by category (arcade, strategy, ect). I'm really unsure why they'd release such a dumbed down version of the app store on the iPad....

11. mrcc

mrcc Well-Known Member

i dont like the idea of having purchasing a game for the itouch/iphone and purchasing the same game for the ipad which is more expensive than the itouch game. at this point i would rather keep the games for my itouch than my ipad.