Infinity Blade Dungeons put on hold

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DotComCTO, Feb 8, 2013.

1. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
  2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Yeah it seems really weird and so sudden. The game was going to be a massive hit so they must have screwed up pretty badly or the game wasn't working at all...

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    With all the delays and little news, it figures that this would happen. Damn shame. Hope Epic can hand off whatever progress was made to another studio or give it to some internal staff.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    All I can say is: Big Head Games can't catch a break!

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Well the project is dead and joins the ranks of many "promised" iOS games. sucks but the truth.

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Seems to me like the guys at Big Huge Games just can't get a break. First the Amalur thing, now this? Wonder if there's something fishy going on...

Although if Epic is still keeping them around, then I guess they're not that bad. Maybe they had a creative disagreement?

7. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    I think making a game fun and making it a IAP monetization machine must be difficult.
    So to everyone who can't understand why they would can this money making machine.
    They could care less how many people buy the game at $9.99, they wanted this game to drive a
    constant stream of IAP revenue, cuz that's where the real money is at. So it looks like the developer failed at making a game that would do that, and epic doesn't want to waste the brand on anything less than a IAP Grind fest with repetitive gameplay, that the awesome critics at TA will give 5 stars to.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is sad. And disappointing.

The saddest part is the team being layed off. I hope they find work right away, or use their talents to start an indie circle and try to chunk out games on their own.

Other than that, i dont really care now if they scrap IBD. I wont really miss what i never had. There are tons of really great games on the iOS right now that this will soon be forgotten. If ever Epic thinks IBD is ready to be released, then joy... We'll all be happy, but i wont sulk in sadness if it ends up being a waste of their development production time and finances.

9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I find it really odd that within that Cnet report, there's links to other stories below it, and the first one I see is "infinity blade games earned epic more than $30 million"
    Lol, and they canned this why?