Iphone 4 is getting old...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Anonomation, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I'm happy to have an iphone, but I have an iphone 4. Many apps are starting I not e compatible with it, or jut run apps plain laggy. This thing also only has 8 GB, so I have to constantly delete apps to download others when I need space. It's very frustrating. The thing is is that I'm not eligible for a phone upgrade until November.

2. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Get an iPod Touch 6th Gen. :)

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I guess the only thing you could do would be get an iPad or an iPod 5th. But I think you'd benefit the most by waiting for that upgrade

4. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Wait, then get the latest iphone avalible.

5. Yup, iphone 4 is in my sock drawer.

Get a sexy 5.7" super amoled Samsung Note 3 with sd cards, interchangeable batteries, and awesome HDMI.

Once you go big, you realize that size does matter.

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    How would he play iOS games though

7. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I've a Touch 4 (64gb) that runs fine except being tethered for anything long term. I'm still able to play games from not updating them but its become more of a personal assistant.
    Still, I'm also in need as newer games are always on the horizon and I suggest a new Touch with a bigger GB as Nov is a long way off. Myself, a smaller GB Touch is in the near future as the iPad 4 (128gb) is sufficient for most games I play at this time.

8. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Even if it had 2TB, I'd be lost without the AppStore.

9. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    I know how you feel, I've been stuck with my ipod touch 4th gen 8gb for years(the home button's been broke for months as well) until I finally got to upgrade yesterday to 5th gen 32gb. :)

10. I know exactly how you feel. I also have an 8GB iPhone 4, and I can't upgrade until May. All those games I bought...I can't even play all of them because I have no memory.

11. Simple, buy an ipad for that.

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Two new devices? That's expenisve

13. Well, heck, I got an iphone 4, Note 3, and an ipad 4, waiting for an ipad pro.

You're right, I am now bankrupt.

14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hahaha

15. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Just get an iPad Air for games and keep your iPhone for calls and texts...

16. originalcopy

originalcopy Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I have an ipod touch 4th gen and it's still useful to me. :)

17. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

It's that simple to just get an ipad, although I would want to keep one MAIN Apple device, considering on how expensive each one is.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The 'good' thing in a way about Apple products is they do keep their value a fair bit, i just sold an iphone 4, was only £150 but it was better than i thought.

A second hand iphone 4s on ebay is very cheap and thats much more powerful than an iphone 4. Thats what i've now got at the moment, apps dont crash, i can tell its much more faster and stable.

I think its ridiculous if youre the type of person who HAS to have the latest Apple device, a lot of those phones/ipads when they're released are sold at a silly high price, specially in the UK.

I'm quite happy being a few generations behind as it plays everything i want. I find the price of memory disgusting as its so cheap but try getting a 32 gig phone and its like you're asking for a gold plated one or something.

Saying all of that when it comes to an ipod touch i was stunned, my ipod touch 5th gen 64 gig ! i saw was selling for £70 on ebay (looking at completed listings), disappointed !!

19. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    slightly off topic.. but someone want to buy my iPhone 5s... i said i'll think about it when iPhone 6 launches. BUT i will lose my jailbreak obviously :) what would you do.. anybody?

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Granted its not even out yet but you've got an iphone 5s, why would you want an iphone 6 ? I cant believe the new features will make it that more stunning than a 5s ? I mean surely you're tied in with a contract anyway ?

I would keep my iphone 5s, you obviously didnt buy it too long ago, like i said above in that post, why do people have to keep having the latest latest iphone? You've got a great iphone at the moment, surely give it a year or two first ?