Knights of the Old Republic 2

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Seiza616, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Has there been any update regarding kotor 2? A few months back the developer of kotor on IOS asked for some feedback regarding interest in the game being ported to IOS....has there been any word or indication that this game will actually be ported or any news on what kind of response the developer received?

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Sadly, nothing so far.

3. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I've read that it's likely not possible due to the makers of the second game aren't the same as the first so that have to completely recode and build it from scratch instead of a port

4. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    What do you mean exactly?

Aspyr still has the request form on their website and they are the ones who ported the first one as well.Or do you mean that Obsidian made Kotor 2 instead of Bioware?

I don't see why it could be a problem for Aspyr,they seem to have access to the game code anyway and i assume that it's the same (engine)like Kotor 1.

The source of your info would be nice ;)

http://www.aspyr.com/games/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords

5. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    This is last I heard from Aspyr regarding KOTOR II on mobile, towards the end of the interview: http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331743650089/knights-of-the-old-republic-2-on-mac-interview.

In a nutshell, the rep said that while there isn't anything official to announce right now, people can - and should - always demonstrate their support on the link Crabman posted above (but if you do, please be thorough and confirm your interest by checking the e-mail you used. Otherwise, your vote won't be validated). Whether "no word" translates to "we're already working on it, but can't say anything yet" or "the petition hasn't gotten enough traction, but time will tell if that changes" is anyone's guess.

6. Opiate

Opiate Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Man I really do hope they go through with kotor 2 for mobile though. Did a wicked job on the first one and I never did play the second one.