iPhone Hearthstone: Heroes of WarCraft (By Blizzard Entertainement)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#1 killercow, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    "Sheathe your sword, draw your deck, and get ready for Hearthstone - the fast paced strategy card game that's easy to learn and massively fun. Start a free game on Battle.net and play your cards to sling spells, summon creatures, and command the heroes of Warcraft in duels of epic strategy."

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/faq/#q4a

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#2 Sanuku, Mar 22, 2013
    Great even more Card Games... I mean it`s not like we already don`t have a shitload of those on the iTunes Store. Well done Blizzard *sight*

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Agreed but with the Warcraft license and blizzard's name attached to it, this feels like it could be really successful.

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Hard to predict currently how successful it might because. I guess we will see it in a few Months :)

5. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Curiously waiting for more info on the pricing model.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #6 Exact-Psience, Mar 22, 2013
    There's already a World of Warcraft TCG, and one of the images in the screenshots are oneof those i used before, when i was still playing WoW TCG.

It's pretty solid, and it's a more combat oriented game than magic the gathering, but there are decks that dont have allies (allies are the summon creatures in magic terms)

From what i see in screenshots, this might be a variant of WoW TCG. Im very excited for this, lookin forward to it

7. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
  8. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    +1 :)

9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I for one welcome any more card games we can possibly get. For me, still not one has totally nailed it like MTG (not even the DotP). So bring it on. Card games and ios are a perfect match. What are you guys above after? Another shooter so u can awkwardly drag your thumb around the screen (swipe swipe swipe almost almost agh gotcha), or maybe another 8-bit pixel platformer to jump a little 8-bit guy over some 8-bit lava?

Btw has this game been totally been confirmed for iPad only? Absolutely no iphone?

10. eegon

eegon Well-Known Member

Im kinda disappointed, I hoped for the electronic version of the physical Warcraft TCG. :) But I will just wait and see to judge this one. It's free to play, so no price to try it, I will play it for sure.

11. MTGArmory

MTGArmory New Member

May 7, 2013
    #11 MTGArmory, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
    I love the fact they went ahead and gave tribute to MTG, then went and ripped it off completely. Magic the gathering cards game is still alive IMO with new expansions like dragon's maze and the upcoming theros spoilers, i think MTG will be just fine. Why not work with WoTC and create the ultimate MTGO system, because MTGO is lacking in service and blizzard is pretty damn good when it comes to make online games.

12. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #12 Montanx, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
    I can pretty much tell you everything about this game so just pm me if u dont feel like googling.

Guys don't dismiss or sleep on this. I'm a regular over at the official forum and the community is already digging deep into this game and goes into beta this summer. It's not just another card game, ive played tournament MTG as well as shadow era and this is gonna be one of the best. The style is the definition of simple to learn hard to master and it will be very Competetive. Blizzard is pretty much the biggest studio there is, this ain't rage of Buhamat lol!

The pricing model is free to play, and u get a starter deck. From there you buy boosters like every other card game. Boosters will be 5 cards for around a buck. You can also get boosters just from playing matches so you can get ur collection totally free if you spend the time. No trading between players wich is good because it won't turn into an auction house simulator with bots running around.

The best feature is the forge. It's like drafting in mtg, you pay 3 boosters to enter. Once inside u build a deck of 30 cards from random choices given to u 3 at a time. So u get presented w 3 cards, u pick one, then repeat til u have 30. Deckbuilding skills will be the key. U get bonus packs after the 5th win and u play til u lose 3 times, with pack bonuses at win intervals. It's going to be an amazing limited draft format, rivaling mtg.

There's just nothing not to love, plus with the blizzard name this will be incredibly popular and have a great Competetive scene.

13. Morgan01

Morgan01 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    Still reeling from the whole Diablo III fiasco.

14. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    I will get this and I imagine I'll buy some boosters as well (as long as they are priced reasonably). Must admit I am disappointed to hear there is no player market though.

Trading is like a whole new meta game. Look at Urban Rivals and to some extent Blood Brothers, shows that done right a player market can and does work.

15. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Confirmed for iphone and android devices. But will be released in the second half of 2014.

16. niden

niden New Member

Nov 11, 2013
    This was confirmed with the Fireside Chat Blizzcon Panel

"The Future of Hearthstone
    Going Mobile!
    There is work on the Android version of Hearthstone. No time frame currently, but likely the second half of 2014.
    iPhone will be getting its own version of Hearthstone in addition to the iPad.
    No matter where you play Hearthstone, you will always have access to the same cards and the same opponents."

I for one am looking forward to this game. I've been in the beta for a few months now on PC and find it extremely fun and addicting. The learning curve is not steep, and opening it up to mobile devices will cause this game to explode in popularity. I am looking forward to this game releasing on the app store, and even though I know it won't happen given Blizzards track record I hope that it is released early, because I don't want to wait any longer!

17. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I can already play Hearthstone on my ipad and iPhone right now. Just look up an app called Splashtop, it streams your pc desktop to your ipad and works flawlessly after a few min setup. I ran Hearthstone on it and it worked brilliantly, mouse clicks are taps on the screen. Since its ur pc desktop u can really play any pc game u want on ipad but the controls would be awkward obviously for any game that's not simple clicks and drags like a card game. but yea, it works perfectly.

18. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    So it seems, iPad just after release (early next year) and then Andriod / iPhone summer 2014, which is good for us iPad owners.

Been in the beta for a while now, it's like crack.

19. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Anyone with a spare beta key? Haven't got mine yet and would love to try it out before i have to return to work.

20. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    If I get one I will pm you. Asked a little earlier and I might gave still had 1 more.