Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-16-2014, 04:55 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), iOS 1.x

Along side the random large gaps between playforms, sometimes the playforms move faster than usual very early on.

Heres an example of the large gaps that randomly appear very early on

Last edited by oscar123967; 08-18-2014 at 11:39 PM..
Old 08-18-2014, 01:22 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

It says the codes have expired, are there any current ones?
Old 08-18-2014, 02:29 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Send a message via Yahoo to kinshuksunil Send a message via Skype™ to kinshuksunil

Real apologies for such a delayed response. These are crazy days. Our other game Huerons is about to be released and we had so many things to wrap up. Next, we talked to a lot of artist's and have finally gotten one on board (more about him soon).

Now about the points mentioned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
Anyways, I really like this game. It is one of my favorites.
Unfortunately, for me, the update changed the game for play me.
I see less power ups, and also less side shelves for landing on.
We are so happy that you like the game. But it seems the game hasn't been living up to all the love. I think the major reason for it is, before the update it was all very random. Through these updates, we have been trying to build a progression to the system. The decrease in number of powerups is a direct consequence. Since we built a progression, everything just happens over time. And what I take away from your feedback is that we haven't done a great job on it.

Quote:
Before the update, sometimes I would land on a shelf at the bottom in the blue. Not always, but sometimes. Now, there is never that fun little surprise.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the game. It has an unusual and original concept. It is just more frustrating now. Before, it was challenging but I felt like there was a possibility to win. Now, it feels like it is impossible.
Technically, those moments still happen. But since we have played enough with the bar generation and the liquid physics, things usually happen in the visible areas only, and the leaps of faith (if we may call them that), have become slightly rare. Thanks for pointing this out.

Quote:
Also, this may seem strange: when a red block comes down am I suppose to avoid that? Because, before the update, I always purposefully tried to get it
I also get out more often from slowing down. I could sometimes speed up a bit, become less light , if I let myself fall some and my block would gain a little speed. Not much, but just enough.
I did not follow this much. Can you please explain it a bit more?

Quote:
I hope this is helpful. I am finding it difficult to explain the differences in the update that make the game more frustrating for me.
I am not sure if anyone else has noticed any of these things. But, I have played quite a bit. Heck... Maybe it is just me? LOL
Thanks a lot for the effort Lavender. We want the game to be challenging to keep the player playing, not frustrate them so that they leave. All of this is great feedback, and helps us see the game from a fresh pair of eyes. We, internally, have been seeing and playing the game so much, that at times we loose sight of what a new player would see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar123967 View Post
I see what you mean. The version that had the pixel art had some really addicting gameplay. You would develop strategies to get a high score, it was pretty addicting. But the devs seem really happy with the current gameplay.
But..but.. the whole pixel style gameplay was completely random

Quote:
Along side the random large gaps between playforms, sometimes the playforms move faster than usual very early on.
While the gaps were intentional, the speed variation wasnt. I will look into it.
What device are you playing it on?

Updates on what has happened in the game:

The next update might be very shocking for most of the players.

First, the game will not work properly on devices less than the iPhone5 generation. It will work, but at times performance might be sluggish.

Next, the fluids looks really nice now. They form nice puddles and droplets, and everything that fluids are supposed to do. But that comes at the price of a slight change in their physics. They are thicker now and splash lesser, but splosh more.

And finally, the game is moving back towards Pixel art. We have Matthew Weekes (Matwek) on board to do the art for the game. Earlier, Matwek was part of the "Freedom Planet" team, doing Environmental Art for the game. He is also working on a game of his own, called "Kara", which is actively being developed on GameDev.net. You can check out some of his existing work at his twitter channel: https://twitter.com/matwekpixel

I will soon share details about our vision for the game's final look. It will be pixel, and we will be doing something interesting with liquids.

Ciao!

Last edited by kinshuksunil; 08-18-2014 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: added twitter url
Old 08-18-2014, 02:30 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Send a message via Yahoo to kinshuksunil Send a message via Skype™ to kinshuksunil

Yeah those codes are more than 28 days old. Wait for a few days, and I will get a fresh batch of codes.

(You can subscribe to the thread, and when we post codes, you will get a reply)
Old 08-18-2014, 07:44 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinshuksunil View Post
Yeah those codes are more than 28 days old. Wait for a few days, and I will get a fresh batch of codes.

(You can subscribe to the thread, and when we post codes, you will get a reply)
Thank you, just did +1
Old 08-18-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
But..but.. the whole pixel style gameplay was completely random
The older version had more splashes going on and it felt more balanced imo. The current version feels like its way too hard to get the red liquid without losing. The gameplay still needs some balance.

Quote:
While the gaps were intentional, the speed variation wasnt. I will look into it.
I encourage you guys to make the gaps larger as you progress further, instead of having them appear randomly. The same goes for the speed. It really ruins the gameplay, as it makes it all about luck and not endurance and progression. Very popular high score chasers are successful in this way such as doodle jump (platforms are much scattered as you progress), tiny wings (islands get tougher as you progress), Jetpack Joyride (you gain speed and more obstacles appear as you progress), timberman (more branches appear and gameplay speed rises as time goes down by instinct), and many more. I am speaking for myself only though, I'm not sure what the other testers think. Speak up guys!
Old 08-18-2014, 11:24 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
I encourage you guys to make the gaps larger as you progress further, instead of having them appear randomly. The same goes for the speed. It really ruins the gameplay, as it makes it all about luck and not endurance and progression. Very popular high score chasers are successful in this way such as doodle jump (platforms are much scattered as you progress), tiny wings (islands get tougher as you progress), Jetpack Joyride (you gain speed and more obstacles appear as you progress), timberman (more branches appear and gameplay speed rises as time goes down by instinct), and many more. I am speaking for myself only though, I'm not sure what the other testers think. Speak up guys!
That, exactly, is the plan. I will try to fix this in the next update. Which is still at least a fortnight away
Old 08-18-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinshuksunil View Post
That, exactly, is the plan. I will try to fix this in the next update. Which is still at least a fortnight away
Lol no problem. I'm not rushing you or trying to dictate you or anything. Just giving my honest opinions At the end of it all, you guys are making the game you guys want.