Turn-Based JRPGs?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by zachinglis, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    I don't think I can recommend anything better then Final Fantasy Dimensions.

2. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    It was a $5 title for years. Reduced to $1 after somoga(?) launched lunar.
    It was originally a sega cd working designs release in Europe and America. Working designs ported some great games. Only great games really. This port of Vay shows it's age in the interface. It was one of the first jrpg's on the AppStore.

All I can say is this, despite it's flaws, it is still one of the top teir RPGs availabe. A steal at $1. Just my opinion. I'd say it's worth your time to try.

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    It's a great game ;)

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    An old tacticsl style RPG few seem to remember is War of Eustrath. The iphone version is a bit blurry, but the screenshots of the HD version look completely reworked. Alas, the HD version is Ipad only.

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I played the first chapter of smrpg and it was fun and a little different but too short and not enough depth to call it a must. I'm looking for an epic. I guess I'm looking for suikoden 2 on iOS but I know that's a tall order.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    My old fav was CGS, but since that has quit working on newer iOS's, I've gotten into FF I, II, III, FFT, Chrono Trigger, Cthulhu Saves the World, Penny Arcade 3, Lunar Silver Star Story, Chaos Rings I & II, Dragon Fantasy, and a personal favorite lately (especially with winter coming) has been Dragon's Odyssey: Frane. That last one isn't turn based, but it really plays much like Crimson Gem Saga in all other aspects. Plus the winter areas are awesome.

Anyone else playing a good RPG not listed above with snow levels or areas? For some reason I like playing RPGs with snow in them during the winter.

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Fall of Angels has a snow area complete with active snow fall effects. Also, if I recall correctly Guardian Saga has an elemental ice tower(?). Time of Heroes is a turn based strategy game with some snow effects also. Not sure which expansion but I think that The Quest has some snow based material too.

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thanks for the info! I forgot about The Quest and Guardian Saga. I own them both but haven't even gotten to them yet. I'll check out Fall of Angels and Time of Heroes. Let me know if you think of any more!