App description: **8/10 Edge! 4.5/5 TouchArcade!** A Victorian era head-to-head arcade duel...two players, one screen! Take on your friend in this frantically paced duel game. Knives, bombs, homing pigeons - choose your weapon wisely, and master the art of the gravity flip.
-Not compatible with iPad 1, two players required!-

An honorable duel, a dapper delight - GENTLEMEN!
Edge says: "The result skilfully combines the arcade immediacy of Super Crate Box with the weaponised chaos of Super Smash Bros, and VVVVVVs instant gravity-switching..."
PocketGamer says: "It's addictive, wonderfully put together, and unlike almost anything else you're going to find on the App Store...under its smarts Gentlemen! hides a brilliant one-on-one battler."

Exact-Psience's comments:

08-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiios42 View Post
Hi I would like to point out that adding crates for the update was awesome but I must say you may have overdone it a little. pigeon is useless now, crates should not change weapons since it eliminates the fun of timing your switches so the opponent has the disadvantage. Also some powerups that fill the screen with crates is too much chaos to be enjoyable. It is actually more hectic.

-I suggest the lessen the crate spawns
-Keep it to simple powerups such as invulnerability or disable opponent's weapon (not both)
-restore pigeon's potential back. ( if you want to nerf it just put a cooldown or decrease the duration or speed or something, not the distance it can kill)
-I'm not a fan for the new hectic gameplay. ( sure, I wanted more hectic, but not in a random way of winning but in a more tactical way)
- put all the new stuff in hectic mode ( new mode with all the bells and whistles of crates)

I really appreciate the update but for now I will be keeping the older version ( thank god for itunes backup and updating over the air)
Hey there! you can turn off the crates in the option menu if you don't want to play with them. We will be looking the spawn rates, and may tune them down in the future. We found that the pigeon is now way more in line with the rest of the weapons, but is still useful. All of this stuff may be tuned in future updates.

Right hand at Lucky Frame. Makes Games.
08-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Finally bought this and it is fantastic.

08-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Hmm.
Bought this on release day, tested it quick, everything seemed fine, but haven't had a chance to play it with anyone until today.
For whatever reason it won't go beyond loading screen before crashing now.

I thought initially it had to do with some network requirement, and we had neither were we where at the time, but I've tested it at home with working wifi, and it still crashes.

Tried rebooting my iPad, no dice, it just won't load...

I assume the latest patch have broken the game somehow.

I'm using an iPad 3.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
08-20-2013, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
Hmm.
Bought this on release day, tested it quick, everything seemed fine, but haven't had a chance to play it with anyone until today.
For whatever reason it won't go beyond loading screen before crashing now.

I thought initially it had to do with some network requirement, and we had neither were we where at the time, but I've tested it at home with working wifi, and it still crashes.

Tried rebooting my iPad, no dice, it just won't load...

I assume the latest patch have broken the game somehow.

I'm using an iPad 3.

Hey there, if you delete the app from your ipad, and reinstall from the store it will be working again. We have a fix for this bug submitted to the store now, just waiting for approval.

It also includes some more modes and tweaks to spawn rates and pigeon power and stuff like that. MORE STUFF!

08-20-2013, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbro View Post
Hey there, if you delete the app from your ipad, and reinstall from the store it will be working again. We have a fix for this bug submitted to the store now, just waiting for approval.

It also includes some more modes and tweaks to spawn rates and pigeon power and stuff like that. MORE STUFF!
Cool!
That sounds great.
08-21-2013, 07:14 AM
oops, we ran into a bit of a snafu submitting to the app store, will have another version up shortly that actually does as promised.

08-30-2013, 10:11 AM
just submitted a new version that adds selectable players, along with 4 new players to choose from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbro View Post
oops, we ran into a bit of a snafu submitting to the app store, will have another version up shortly that actually does as promised.

09-11-2013, 06:57 AM
the update is out and on the store now.