App description: AWARD-WINNING DUNGEON-CRAWLER RPG ALSO CHECK OUT FARGOAL.COM FOR BREAKING NEWS ABOUT UPCOMING FARGOAL 2!! Welcome to Sword of Fargoal®, the classic dungeon adventure with completely random map generation so it is different every time! Embark on your quest to rescue the Sword of Fargoal, hidden deep within the dungeon on the 20th level, and make it out alive before the walls begin to collapse around you!

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:

5-Stars Selected as one of the "Best iPhone Games" by TouchArcade's "2009 Buyer's Guide"

"Just spent some quality time with it, i'm hopelessly in love"

"This game is really worth its price and even more. There are games you pay 5 to 10 bucks for and they aren't nearly as addicting as Sword of Fargoal is. I hadn't more fun with the last RPGs I played."
Fans from TouchArcade forum

Sword of Fargoal is one of the best loved roguelike games ever to light up a CRT Those who've never played a dungeon crawler before might just find themselves drawn in to Sword of Fargoal.
TouchArcade

Fargoal has been beautifully polished in the visuals department without getting too far from the original game's quirky charm and retro stylings ... It's playable and addictive, perfect fodder for the iPhone / iPod Touch, and certainly one of the best mini-adventures you can get.
iPhone-Gamer.net

--------------------

GAMEPLAY VIDEO & TRAILER:
www.youtube.com/swordoffargoal

KEY FEATURES:

Completely randomly generated different every time!
Over 20 Dungeon levels & 100 unique dungeon maps per game
Over 28 monster types with special abilities, weapons, & spells
Hidden traps & treasures, gold, spells & potions
Subtle 3D dungeon with cool retro top-down map
Full zoom, tap, & swipe intuitive on-screen movement
All original music by British composer, Daniel Pemberton
Animations by Emmy-winning animator, Charlie Canfield

--------------------

TouchArcade.com Says:

In its 1996 anniversary issue, Computer Gaming World listed the game as #147 in the "Top 150 Best Video Games of All Time." It has been inspiration for many dungeon crawlers created since...

It features completely redone graphics utilizing OpenGL ES to add depth to the stony visuals. It allows for pinch-and-spread zoom control to focus on the action at hand and features an optional on-screen mini map to aid in negotiating the twists and turns of each dungeon level.

But, really, what makes the game so well suited for the iPhone is its casual nature as compared to the typical roguelike. And that's not to say the game is shallow or light on dungeon crawling action, but rather I feel it's simply a bit more accessible to the typical gamer than, say, Nethack, Moria, or Rogue thanks to an economy of controls, spells, and the like.

--------------------

SUPPORT, INFO & FEEDBACK:
www.fargoal.com

FOLLOW OR JOIN AS A FAN!
twitter.com/fargoal
www.facebook.com/fargoal

LEGAL NOTICES:
Sword of Fargoal® is a Registered Trademark of Jeff McCord. Original Sword of Fargoal design, Copyright © 1982, Jeff McCord. Sword of Fargoal for iPhone, Copyright © 2009-2012, Fargoal, LLC.

CommanderData's comments:

--------

This is another fantastic Rogue-Like.... I have been watching the previews and video tours, and was lucky enough to join the IRC chat that Blake Patterson had with these guys a while back!

Please, support your roguelikes and purchase Sword of Fargoal. I just bought my copy! If I see this doing well it'll motivate me to hurry up and finish my next game too
08-31-2012, 06:55 PM
iPad retina? Being in development for the past million and one years, I can understand the likelihood of the art assets not being big enough, but it's always worth asking

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Awesome! Glad to hear it's moving along!

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams

08-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
iPad retina? Being in development for the past million and one years, I can understand the likelihood of the art assets not being big enough, but it's always worth asking
Oh it will definitely support any resolution the device throws at us... we won't *likely* have an uber-higher-res artwork set though... gotta keep it retro yo. Not super into the web-2.0 style Flash graphics, plus resources are limited. But, we'll see when we get there! If you like the previous Fargoal2 screenshots in this thread then you won't be disappointed.

Madgarden aka Paul Pridham -- Code, sound, pixels: PUNCH QUEST with rocketcat games, Chillaxian, GlitchMachine, Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal... and more stuff on the way.
madgarden.net -- saucelifter.com -- glitchmachine.com -- fargoal.com forums -- madgarden@twitter
05-05-2014, 05:05 AM
Tis free!
05-05-2014, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
Tis free!
Hunh? Not as far as I can see here in the US right now.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-05-2014, 08:12 AM
free in canada
05-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Hunh? Not as far as I can see here in the US right now.
Haha I'm in the US too and it's free-er than a Glu game
05-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
Haha I'm in the US too and it's free-er than a Glu game
My stupidity, I was just searching iPad games and saw Sword of Fargoal Legends, which was a separate incarnation they did through Chillingo and likely can't play with the pricing of.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-06-2014, 12:12 AM
Is Legends the same as the iPhone Fargoal but with iPad support? I remember they were going to phase one of them out or turn one of them into Fargoal 2. But that was a while back is it's probably different now.