• Publisher: Nitrome
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 46.2 MB
  • Version: 1.3.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (4)
App description: Over 2 million downloads!

#1 iPad app! Featured by iTunes in 146 countries!

WINNER! iOS game of the year - Pocket Gamer Award 2014
WINNER! Overall Game of the year - Pocket Gamer Award 2014
WINNER! Best casual/puzzle - Pocket Gamer Award 2014

Metacritic top 20 all platforms 2013

Nitrome couldnt have done a better job bringing the series to mobile devices. A Viking Voyage is perfect! - Jayisgames

"Im not entirely sure that I could be any happier with Icebreaker. Its an incredibly fun, incredibly diverse, and incredibly clever physics puzzler." - 148 Apps

"Definitely give this a look if you've ever remotely found yourself enjoying physics puzzlers." - Touch Arcade

Bursting with clever level design and creativity, this physics-puzzler is a cut above the competition. - AppSpy

An epic adventure based on the award-winning flash game!

An icy wind has swept the Vikings away, leaving them stranded throughout the land and surrounded by trolls, deadly traps, dangerous enemies, and worst of all troll snot!

Now its up to you to save them!

Use your icebreaking skills to solve puzzles and cut your way through ice, rope, cannons, explosives, slime and err chickens to get your clan back safely to the Viking longboat!

Features:
Based on the award-winning flash game by Nitrome, now expanded, updated, and optimized for iPhone and iPad!
140 action-packed levels in three different lands!
Beautifully immersive world filled with vikings, trolls, deadly theme park rides, and looooots of ice!
Use special god powers to speed through tricky levels!
Side quests!
Unlockable secrets!
Epic final bosses, including the gigantic Mountain Troll and his legendary indigestion!

Can you seize your destiny and become the new icebreaking champion?


Important Message for Parents

This game may include:
- Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13.
- Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse any web page.
- Advertising of Nitrome products and also products from select partners.
- The option to make in-app purchases. The bill payer should always be consulted beforehand.

metalcasket's comments:
09-02-2014, 04:30 AM
OK, I'm confused now. Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong here.
I've just unlocked the par system in Hammerfest. I've played through the first three levels that contain par, but now I can't go any further. The little flag next to the still-locked levels that I want to play says 10 par points are needed. The flag in the top right corner f the screen says I have only acquired 8 par points.
However, for the first three levels containing par, I achieved the par score on all of them: 4 for the first one, and then 3 each for the two that followed after that. Tapping once on each level to highlight it shows it: 4/4 and 3/3 and 3/3.
So is this broken? Have I missed something? What's going on here?

(Please note, these are all my own opinions. Don't get all over my ass and lambast me for having an opinion different to yours, mmmkay?)
09-02-2014, 04:44 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Classified
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by farley View Post
OK, I'm confused now. Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong here.
I've just unlocked the par system in Hammerfest. I've played through the first three levels that contain par, but now I can't go any further. The little flag next to the still-locked levels that I want to play says 10 par points are needed. The flag in the top right corner f the screen says I have only acquired 8 par points.
However, for the first three levels containing par, I achieved the par score on all of them: 4 for the first one, and then 3 each for the two that followed after that. Tapping once on each level to highlight it shows it: 4/4 and 3/3 and 3/3.
So is this broken? Have I missed something? What's going on here?
To achieve a 'par' on a level, you need to complete the level in a certain amounts of cuts. It's kinda like golf.
For example, if you have to use 4 cuts to get a par, and you use 4 or less cuts, you get a 'par point'.

Each level can give you one par point. Replaying the level and doing it again will NOT give you more.

You only have 8 par points, but to play the level you need 10. This means that if you achieve par on two more levels, you will unlock the par level.

In order to get the other par levels, you have to achieve par in levels in other packs, as there are not enough par points in the hammerfest map alone.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life...but so is tomorrow...
09-02-2014, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duivs View Post
To achieve a 'par' on a level, you need to complete the level in a certain amounts of cuts. It's kinda like golf.
For example, if you have to use 4 cuts to get a par, and you use 4 or less cuts, you get a 'par point'.

Each level can give you one par point. Replaying the level and doing it again will NOT give you more.

You only have 8 par points, but to play the level you need 10. This means that if you achieve par on two more levels, you will unlock the par level.
Yeah, I'd already explained all this above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duivs View Post
In order to get the other par levels, you have to achieve par in levels in other packs, as there are not enough par points in the hammerfest map alone.
OK, this part I didn't see. I was looking in Hammerfest only. Thanks.

(Please note, these are all my own opinions. Don't get all over my ass and lambast me for having an opinion different to yours, mmmkay?)
12-28-2014, 03:40 AM
Is there any walkthrough video for the kraken pack? E.g. for the stage "The Stomach" or "The Intestines" ?
Thank you.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.