Testers for Ice Math Ninja 2.5 - Get 2 FREE games and a name credit on the game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jorge., Jan 19, 2014.

1. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    #1 Jorge., Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    Ice Math Ninja: ZERO 2.5 is now available and FREE at: http://www.pers.com/a/pr/pookie_tushka_imn_app.html

PARTICIPATE IN THE TOURNAMENT NOW and WIN iTUNES GIFT CARDS. Details here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=219314

[​IMG]

Hi all,

We are looking for Beta Testers for 2 games that we are working on: a new version of Ice Math Ninja with Social Features (ready to test now) and Ice Mash Candy (will be ready to test in march).

Ice Math Ninja, which won a "Best 10 Technology of 2013" by Dr.Toy Awards and a "Family Choice Award of 2013" and reached #1 iPad Family game in 16 countries, is a challenging numbers game in the style of Fruit Ninja, with unique power-ups, fun characters, and now with Facebook integration.

Ice Mash Candy is a unique take on the popular "match-3" game genre which was made popular by Bejewel and Candy Crush.

- Testers will receive an US Itunes Store Gift Certificate for 2 games of your choosing (up to $2.99 each), or a Paypal transaction for that amount.

- Testers that provide helpful feedback will have their names added to the credit screen on an update of Ice Math Ninja and Ice Mash Candy.

Please keep in mind that spaces are limited and subject to approval.

We would like to get general feedback on the game and reporting of any bugs that you may encounter. We would also appreciate if you can spread the word about the game.

* After approval of the new version of Ice Math Ninja by Apple we'll start a contest (open to iOS, Android, Kindle, Nook users) with great prices for the players with the highest scores *

Requirements for iOS:
    iPad, iPhone 4 and up, iPod Touch 4G and up. iOS 5 and up.
    If you are interested in beta testing for iOS, please register via TestFlight at this address: http://tflig.ht/OODise

Android:
    Nook, Kindle Fire, or Android 2.2+ with ARMv7 processor.
    If you are interested in beta testing for Android, please send me an email at [email protected]

Feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions and comments.

Thank you for your time,

Jorge

2. khuanoz

khuanoz Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    oh yeah

great game..tested the first one and it was oh so challengingly fun
    going to go for this one =)

3. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I would like to be a tester for iOS. Already registered, and tried to install, but it requires a password which i do not know.

4. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    khuanoz: Thank you :) Glad to have you again!

BoyFromLA: I just received new recruits on Testflight and I am assuming you are one of them. I need to approve the recruits and then create a new build that will work for your device. Please give me a couple of hours to get a new build ready.

You should receive an email when the new build has been uploaded.

Thank you for joining!

Jorge

5. Wing Optimus

Wing Optimus Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I've applied for the iOS beta. Hope to help out :)

6. armoko

armoko Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    Just sent my request. I really like the last version and it was so addictive. Can't wait to test the new one

7. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Wing Optimus: Thank you for joining :)

Armoko: Glad to have you back also!

I just sent everyone that registered today the new build. Please install and let me know if you have any issues (Testflight can be a bit temperamental, and sometimes you need to try to install a couple of times. If you are unable to install, after a couple of tries, let me know and I'll upload a new build).

Some things to keep in mind:

- To be able to test the new social features, please sign up with a Facebook account and become “friends” of Pers Corp at https://www.facebook.com/perscorp

This way, we will be able to see your scores and make sure the Facebook functionality is working.

- You can only invite friends who are also testers (the current build of Ice Math Ninja in the App Store, does NOT have social features). Once the new version is released to the App Store, you will be able to invite anyone.

- If you use game center, please also add us as a friend: Search for "Pers Corp" or [email protected]

This new version of Ice Math Ninja: ZERO will be completely FREE with all 7 games unlocked (the current FREE version, only has 3 games unlocked).

This version will be ad supported (you will get an ad every 2 times you play, hopefully, the ads won't be too annoying). There will also be a premium version with no ads.

Thank you so much for your help!

Jorge

8. Wing Optimus

Wing Optimus Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Heya, a couple of issues to report:

Bugs

Plus Power achievement appears listed as unlocked, but does is not reflected on Game Center. I do not believe I met the requirement for this achievement as well.

In General Settings, both the [X] button and [Done] button confirm changes made to the settings. The [X] button should close the window without confirming change.

9. kogaa555

kogaa555 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Thank you for the build. I just played a bit and already found some bugs.
    After when I lose, the game gets stuck and I only see the blue screen only with one button for inviting friends from Facebook. Despite of that the game doesn't stop and goes on the background. It doesn't matter which game mode I choose.

10. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Wing Optimus:
    I'll check about Plus Power and General Settings. Thank you :)

Kogaa, this is a weird bug. It might be that one of the ads loading got an error and broke something. Just to check:
    - did you login via Facebook (and can you see your Facebook avatar)?
    - are you connected to the internet?
    - What device and iOS version are you using?

Thank you!

Jorge

11. Wing Optimus

Wing Optimus Member

Jan 11, 2014
    #11 Wing Optimus, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    More things to add :)

Bugs

- On occasion, there is no description to tell the player how to play the selected game mode. Instead, a banner ad is in the way. Is this by design?

- When pausing the game in any mode, there's a non-functional [?] button in the pause menu.

Suggestion

- When selecting any game mode, the player is taken to a description of what the mode entails. However, it's not possible to back out (should the player decides not to play this game mode) without starting the game and exiting via the pause menu.

Perhaps a 'back button' could be added to this screen so the player can back out to the game mode select screen.

Hope this helps :)

12. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Thank you, so much! :)
    I'll check the "?" and Prime Freeze description.

By the way, your score in Antarctic Add was quite high, and you did deserve the Plus Power achievement. The bug would be that it didn't send it to Game Center.
    Please let me know if any achievements you make appear in Game Center.

PS: This build seems to be a bit slow in some devices and it is not showing the
    "fire" you create with your finger. I'll correct this tonight.

Jorge

13. kogaa555

kogaa555 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Yes I did everything. I'm on iPad 4 iOS 7.0.4

I don't know what was the reason but I just reinstalled the game and now it works perfect!

14. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Thanks for letting me know. But chances are other people will see your bug also :/, so I need to find the source of it. Perhaps it's a first launch bug, because no preferences where saved.

I will check. Thanks! :)

Jorge

15. Wing Optimus

Wing Optimus Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Another thing I found :)

On the Achievements page in-game, it lists 10 Achievements. On Game center, there's 11 Achievements. The one that is not listed in-game is 'Infinity Power'.

16. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Thanks, Wing, but that one is not quite a bug ;)
    That is for an achievement that you can get by using the paid version of the game, and I will bring this achievement into this version in a future update.

I am doing a check at startup now, to verify that it is sending all the achievements to Game Center. I'll have it ready on the next build.

17. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    I have a question: 3 testers have experienced a bug at the end of a game, where the game hangs on the game over screen, and only a few buttons appear.

If someone else has experienced this, please let me know which game you were playing and if it was normal mode or lightning mode.
    Also which device you were using.

Thank you so much for all your help!

Jorge

18. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    QUESTION ABOUT FROSTRIS:

3 testers told me that in the game Frostris the cubes sometimes are hard to move and they submitted it as a bug.

The cubes are meant to be tough to move, but if this is frustrating to some users, maybe this should change.

Please play this game and let me know your thoughts.

Also: the bug that happened at Game Over has been fixed! It was a bug that happened when the internet connection was flakey.

Thank you!

Jorge

19. armoko

armoko Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    #19 armoko, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    Actually it's not so hard to move but sometimes the movement a bit slow or something. I think it will be better to make a bit smoother und faster :) Or may be it was in the game concept so I'm not sure probably it will make the game more easy to play

20. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Thanks, Armoko.

I think I am going to make it so that you can move it smoothly with your finger, anywhere you want. But then when you drop the cube, it can't be moved anymore.

If it feels good and it is not too easy, then we can leave it that way :)

Jorge