Chain Pattern - Sequel to Chain Link Pro

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vexorg, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vexorg

Vexorg Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    #1 Vexorg, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    [​IMG]

Introducing Chain Pattern, sequel to Chain Link Pro (144 reviews with a 4 star average).

Chain Pattern has one simple rule - match the pattern of shapes shown on the screen by touch and dragging various shapes into a matching pattern. Touching each shape will link them together forming a chain that fluidly follows your finger. As you match and score with each pattern, a new pattern quickly appears to keep the action going. The patterns start out simple with three shapes of the same color but will eventually grow to six shape patterns of a mix of all shapes and colors. Collect various power-ups to maximize your score.

THREE UNIQUE GAME MODES
    • Arcade game mode - Shapes fly across the screen and you need to match them in the same order as the pattern.
    • Static game mode - Shapes remain stationary and become obstacles to pattern making. Clear the screen by chaining around the maze of shapes without getting too close.
    • Memory game mode - The pattern appears briefly and you need to remember the right order to arrange the shapes. A hint system will flash the next part of the pattern if you get stuck.

Additionally, each mode offers an easy level without a time limit and you can make up to three mistakes before the game ends. The normal level is a race against the clock to create patterns that will add additional play time and one mistake will end the game. There is also the Hyper Chain level where you can make unlimited mistakes but you only have 60 seconds to score as high as possible.

ONLINE FEATURES
    Chain Pattern includes an incredibly rich online experience for your competitive nature that is above and beyond what most mobile games offer today. Taking full advantage of the OpenFeint online network, you can send challenges to your friends to beat your high score, post major game events to facebook and twitter and receive in-game notices when you break a worldwide top score. Also contains online leaderboards, weekly leaderboards for Hyper Chain and over 20 achievements.

RELEASE DATE
    Chain Pattern was submitted to Apple a week ago so I'm hoping for a release this week for $0.99.

SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

...hah... a stealth developer! Consider this an instant buy. Will there be separate versions for iPad & iPhone/iTouch... or (hoping secretly) this will be universal?

3. Vexorg

Vexorg Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    I haven't worked on an iPad version yet. Chain Link Pro ported well to the iPad since chains could be unlimited in length but Chain Pattern has shorter chains. I need more time to think what I could do to make a iPad version worth wild.

4. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Ah... that's a very valid point. I guess it's a little hard for the hoi polloi to judge until it's unleashed upon us ;) But, based on what you've bought to us so far, I know this be bought in a heartbeat! Can't wait to play & review it!

Good
    Luck

&

Game
    On!

:D

5. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Looks awesome... Can't wait for the Shape Sifter sequel too!! :D

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Release this week? Bloody hell!

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yeah!

Or at least Shape Sifter HD!

8. MissLashes

MissLashes Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    U.S.
    #8 MissLashes, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    Looks like Shape Sifter and Chain Link had a baby. Shoulda been called Shape Link