Sword of Fargoal 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fargoal, Aug 31, 2012.

1. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
  2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Wasn't there a planned release date targetted for sometime this month? Given how much the developers were posting up to a month ago or so, I would have hoped to hear something since then.

3. overzero3

overzero3 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Well, Madgarden and Jeff McCord (that post under fargoal i belive) do respond on the 1.7 SoF thread. But i do belive that is time for a new SoF 2 thread with all the updates and informations so far.
    The kickstart already finished so i also think that should be more new about the progress of the project...
    Either way, i'm keep waiting! Fargoal 1 still my favorite iOS game!

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    They respond when you type something. The last post was by a developer a month ago, and nobody else has posted since then... so what are they gonna reply to?

5. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    ive never seen a developer who doesnt willingly give tons of information to build hype around the game. im sure they already have tons of hype but no website, no information , no updates, no videos? i think its a little ridiculous that we have to ask, what other people just naturally do.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm sure they will when the release closes in. They've always been open about how long it'll take though. They told us when things were slow and when they were focused on other projects... I don't think they've ever had a solid date set.

7. fargoal

fargoal Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Thanks Starcat,

I'm just now learning about this thread — we ran across it recently. Thanks for expressing your concerns. It sounds like you may not have been involved with our Kickstarter campaign (as a backer, I mean), because we actually have been posting regular updates through our Kickstarter page.

We've also released a pre-release PC Alpha of the game, and just a couple of days ago our first MacOS Alpha. The good news is, this means progress! It is true, however, that we don't know the release date yet, because we are taking in all the great feedback we've been getting, fixing bugs, and working on which improvements to make for the release.

Sorry that we have missed (or been light on) some if the communications outlets. Some of it has been that we've all been very busy; plus I've been spending considerable time fulfilling some of the Kickstarter pledge rewards and getting others finished to be ready to fulfill.

That's odd you say we don't have a website. We do have Fargoal.com, plus we have our own regular Fargoal forums, and our Backer-Only Forums for those backers that have supported at certain levels (for working with them on ideas for the game, etc).

Not to paint a picture that we've been perfect about communication. I can always do more, and I *promise* you that I'll strive to do more. I will say, however, that more constructive conversations about the game would be appreciated. I was surprised to read how upset you seemed — especially since we've been working so hard in so many areas.

At any time, I also invite you to contact me *directly* through our contact page on Fargoal.com. I think you'll find that we always strive to answers promptly when we know the questions are out there.

Sincerely,

Jeff McCord

8. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Thank you, MidianGTX, for your kind words and support.

— Jeff

9. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    As the sole developer up to this point, I haven't had much time to work on Fargoal 2 recently. You might recall another game I've been busy with, PUNCH QUEST. So things are slow, and Jeff has been taking over more of the duties and organizing additional developers to help take over the burden.

Fargoal progress may be as slow as a woolly mammoth half submerged in a boiling tar pit, hind quarters singed and wafting the delicious aroma of gamey barbecue lovingly through the prehistoric air; but its massive forelimbs are on dry land, slowly pulling it forward and eventually... out. I hope this analogy helps to provide a clear picture of the potential for mammoth as a delectable barbecue item. I swear I just had lunch but now I'm hungry again.

10. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Woolly Mammoth BBQ

Could just *possibly* find a way to reconstruct enough DNA to create a cloned woolly mammoth, have it grow to maturity, and then kill it and eat it for a really really REALLY big BBQ party! (though not me, because I don't eat red meat — or is it like chicken?)

— Jeff

11. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    We'd cook it until it's brown, should be OK.

12. overzero3

May 18, 2011
    That sir, was the craziest, weirdest, most unnecessary, unrelated, extravagant analogy of all times...and yet, it makes sense! (Still, anyone would have a hard time thinking of that)

It's nice to know that the project is still going. Guess that those who didn't backed the Kickstarter were kept in the dark a little. I still think that SoF2 should have an 'official' thread overe here in TA. At least people would find it easily and know whats going on

13. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    Overzero3,

Coolness!

We will try and keep people updated as much as possible. For now, please feel-free to post on the regular SoF1 TA Fargoal forum thread (which we track as best as possible) and we will try and answer questions and post updates when we can.

By no means would we intentionally cater to Kickstarter supporters over our loyal general fans and supporters. It's just that the KS supporters sometimes have *specific* updates due to their pledge levels, like:

1. Supporters at the beta testing levels interacting with us about bug reports and beta feedback — all to create a better game for all of us!
    2. Updates about Fargoal 2 pledge rewards like the Fargoal T-shirts, Archival Art Prints, and other goodies.
    3. Updates to Producer-level backers who are speaking to us directly and/or helping us to design new monsters, etc.
    4. Backers and non-backers who are interacting with us on our own private forums: http://forums.fargoal.com (you are invited too!!)

Frankly, you too can follow our backer updates for free by going to our Kickstarter campaign page here: http://far.gl/sof-ks

So really, very few things are exclusive to KS backers. We just happen to post info in a few different places that you can follow.

Thanks for your comments!

Jeff McCord
    Fargoal, LLC

14. overzero3

May 18, 2011
    Well, I'm pretty much ok with Kickstarters backers having news firsthand, it's acutally quite fair with them. But it had being quite a while since we, ordinary citizens, heard any news.
    By the way...I did check the KS page, and I'm not sure I know how to navigate it!(stupid, i know!)
    The last update I found on the page was update #19 (about the kick-a-thon). Is that right? Or is there any other page with more updates like screenshots and so on?!
    From time to time I ask from you guys some screenshots in the 1.7 SoF thread, but I never know if I'm on the right place!

15. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Do you guys think it will come out in June or later? Thanks, really looking forward to this game!

16. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    thanks for the update, i actually didnt even find out about the SOF2 kickstarter until 1 day after it had passed.. otherwise i would have backed it, i am all about playing alphas. i am a bug hunting genius.

17. overzero3

May 18, 2011
    Every once in a while some random thought pops in my head...last one was "what the hell happened to fargoal 2?"
    Some dude got all furious about no news some time ago, and since then...well, no news!

18. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    I'm basically on other pay-the-bills projects these days, so you should get a hold of Jeff (@fargoal) and see what he's saying.

19. fargoal

Dec 2, 2009
    overzero3,

We are keeping in pretty close touch with people about Fargoal 2, but lately it's been directly with our beta test group with-whom we've been actively working. Many people don't know that we had a Kickstarter campaign for Sword of Fargoal 2 and that there is a substantial group of Kickstarter supporters of the project who are giving fantastic feedback and bug-fix reports that we are actively working on.

You can see the completed campaign here to learn more:

http://far.gl/sof-ks

Thanks for inquiring here as well. It really helps when the TA forums-followers speak up so I can remember to post updates here.

The short answer is: Active work being done but a lot of work left to go. No specific release date as-yet, but we are trying our best to get the game done as soon as we can.

Thanks again,

Jeff McCord
    Fargoal, LLC

20. overzero3

May 18, 2011
    Well, it's always nice to know that the project didn't went back to the drawer! Thats good news.
    Hope to see some more er..."public info", since I didn't quite make it to the kickstarter. Guess that are a lot of people who got left out too that would like to know more.
    Anyway, thxs for the update!