Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-25-2014, 07:16 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Haha... oh dear.

On the one hand it's kind of funny because it's such a hack job, but on the other... I guess it makes me angry mainly because of the way crappy clones pollute the app store and tarnish mobile gaming in general.

It's also kind of interesting (or depressing?) to find that you don't even need to have a runaway smash-hit game to attract the attention of parasitic cloners... just some decent exposure in a few territories are enough it seems.

Anyway, moving on..

I submitted an update a couple of days ago. It's just an interim update with a few fixes and small features, namely:

- Game music no longer overrides music/podcasts.
- Fixed a rare bug with the previous high score line.
- iOS 8 compatibility tweaks.
- Twitter/Facebook/Sina Weibo score sharing (this feature only available on iOS 6 and above).
- New 'Moonbusters' leaderboard for players who beat the moon.
- Added hints for beginner players.

I was in two minds about adding the hints -- as a player, I usually prefer to find things out for myself. But most of the hints only show if you're scoring < 70 pts, and are pretty basic things like: "The moon gets angrier when hit. Make every shot count!" ...mainly directed at players who keep doing 1 and 2 pt shots and end up being swamped by red things before they even earn their extra life.

Working on the next update now, which should a bigger one with some more interesting stuff if all goes to plan.