★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nintendo Switch: recommendation for the best game

12-26-2017, 03:40 AM
Zelda BotW and Super Mario Odyssey are top notch. I've played a few levels from both, while observing even more. There's also a vibrant eShop catalog of games that you can DL.

I'd get one, but I currently have a backlog of iOS, Android, Wii, and PC/Steam games to get through that I'll hold off for the time being.
12-28-2017, 04:17 AM
Zelda and Mario are obvious choices.

12-28-2017, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHess00 View Post
I got excited when I read this but apparently it's not on sale for North America. I've been on the fence so if it goes on sale I'll pick it up.
Sorry, Rhess! Hadn't realised it was an EU-only discount.

2018 GOTY nominations: You're joking, right? I'm still playing games I got in 2015...
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
12-28-2017, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
Sorry, Rhess! Hadn't realised it was an EU-only discount.
We actually got the discount latter that day but I had already spent most of my Christmas gift cards. Ended up with Axiom Verge and Oxenfree. Haven't tried Oxenfree yet but Axiom Verge is great. It's basically Metriod with a different story and different weapons/tools.

I'm still tempted to get Mario and Rabbids before the discount ends though.
01-03-2018, 12:33 PM
Same... got a switch for my kids (they're 4 and 2, so it's basically mine. LOL) and we have LoZ, MOdyssey, MKart 3 and Lego Marvel 2. I think it's pretty much what i need for the next couple months. Ahahaha

Waiting for a proper Smash Bros for the switch, so i can get another set of joycons (really hoping for 4 player in single switch capability).

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-03-2018, 12:33 PM
Oops, forgot to mention we got Odyssey from the Mario Odyssey Bundle.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-05-2018, 07:32 PM
I bought also,the Switch. I play Rayman and Mario Kart 8 which are both excellent.
I ordered also Sine Mora EX .
I will buy only games in cartridge (no digital shit) with no required download.
I am interrested in Doom but it is not clear yet if is playable (solo campaign) without an extra download (compulsary for online multi players).
Does someone know if Doom is playable without any first internet connection?
01-06-2018, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean pierre View Post
I bought also,the Switch. I play Rayman and Mario Kart 8 which are both excellent.
I ordered also Sine Mora EX .
I will buy only games in cartridge (no digital shit) with no required download.
I am interrested in Doom but it is not clear yet if is playable (solo campaign) without an extra download (compulsary for online multi players).
Does someone know if Doom is playable without any first internet connection?
DOOM single-player is wholly playable from the cart, with no internet required. As you say, you only need to get online if you want to download and play the multiplayer stuff.

I'm tempted by DOOM too, but I already have a Switch backlog and I refuse to get anything else until I've finished Odyssey, Splatoon 2 and at least one of my eShop games I haven't started yet (Axiom Verge, Spectre Knight, Shantae or Mighty Gunvolt Blast). As for Xenoblade 2, I'll probably still be playing it this summer.

2018 GOTY nominations: You're joking, right? I'm still playing games I got in 2015...
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
01-07-2018, 04:11 AM
Im glad to have the switch cos of the all-premium titles out so far. On the downside, iOS is cranking out some fantastic premiums recently too, so it makes it hard to juggle between switch and iOS gaming, especially when you have another hobby going on.

01-10-2018, 03:00 PM
Hands down Zelda - Breath Of The Wild.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.