Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Cunning. :)

2. indolence

indolence New Member

Nov 16, 2012

I am also experiencing random bitizens relocating to their respective residence floors, which usually happens after the game crashes. I don't mind the crashes because they're pretty infrequent but the relocating is what bugs me.

Any tips to avoid this happening would be great, because manually assigning them back to their jobs takes the fun out of the game.

3. Relharn

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that after the crash, when you tap on the business, the bitizen has become unemployed and is no longer showing there (eg. there are only two bitizens showing as working in the business when there were three before)? If so, that would indeed be very annoying but I can't say I've ever experienced it I'm afraid.

4. indolence

indolence New Member

Nov 16, 2012

thanks for the reply, i should have been more clear my bad

After a crash, all my bitizens are still employed at their jobs but they are physically walking around on the floor where they live. I basically have some empty floors where bitizens are supposed to be working and apartments filled with employed bitizens.

For example: After a crash, Jane Doe can be seen walking around in the Storage Apts (where she lives) instead of walking around at the Smoothie Shop (where she works).

5. gsxrboy

gsxrboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    #2965 gsxrboy, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
    Where they are doesn't make any difference to sales/stocking etc :)

I've have one bitzy who has never ever *ever* been at work! darn slacker! :D

6. indolence

indolence New Member

Nov 16, 2012

i dont mind the sales or stocking part, the part that bothers me is when I have to find them for the 1 bux. I know where they "should" be based on their uniforms but they are not where they work :confused:

7. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I love this game. I'd like to see Tiny Tower 2 in a near future with a new gameplay or a new sim managament game from this guys!

8. Relharn

Nov 1, 2012
    Thanks for clarifying your issue. As far as I can tell, the physical location of the bitizen (either in their business or in their residence) is randomised each time you open the game and has nothing to do with crashes (other than randomly resetting them afterwards).

If you have given each business a unique uniform, and you are sick of searching through the residences if they are not at work, then you may want to employ a strategy I read about. That player renamed each business to include the floor number of the residence of the 3 employees (eg "Bakery 4 38 27"). That way, with the numbers in the order the bitizens appear on the business info screen, they could go straight to the floor they resided on.

My personal strategy is this: While I have given some (maybe a dozen) of my bitizens specific uniforms, the rest of them are simply colour coded to the floor they work on. As I have all my floors of the same colour together, when searching for a particular bitizen, I first search through the 21 floors matching their shirt colour, and if they are not there I'll search the 63 residences which are all located at the bottom of my tower. I generally only do the search task when I restock the floors a couple of times per day and it doesn't take very long so this search method is fine for me.

9. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    I am new to this game and he 10 floors
    Can anyone add me or send me anything to help?

10. gsxrboy

gsxrboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Updated app today!

New floors available!

Sadly I'm at work and my iPad isn't so if someone gets keen and quick builds all the new floors, pop a note here to say what they are :)

11. cmac257

cmac257 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Omg the new icon is so badass...

12. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Oh dear, how many more floors did they make? o.o

downloading...

13. Relharn

Nov 1, 2012
    Just got the new update. New floors (8) are always nice.

However, the game crashes for me whenever I try to open Bitbook and I lose any progress since the game last saved to the cloud.

Thankfully, Bitbook is not essential so I'll be staying away from it for now.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm on an iPhone 5.

14. Mr. Ramen

Mr. Ramen Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2012
    The Christmas stuff looks fun, but I bet I'll be pretty tired of it by the 25th...

15. BlueWater27

BlueWater27 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    gaming
    Lone Star State
    Okay, I just reinstalled after five or six months of having it deleted. I have no idea how it restored my data because I just got a gamecenter account a few weeks ago. So since it didn't let me start over, I'm more than a little bit lost. So would someone tell me how to get more employees, how to make money, and how to complete challenges?

16. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    How to get mapple store?

17. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Anyone know?

18. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    When you buy a new floor, you can choose a specific floor in the build menu.

19. RLangley91

RLangley91 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    1 - To get more employees, you have to build more residential floors, then move bitizens in.
    2 - To get more money, you have to build more commercial floors, then move the employees in and stock the items up. (I know it's a paradox, but you have to spend money to make it.)
    3 - Go into "Missions", and select one that you can fulfill, then stock the shops with that item as per usual. When the delivery comes, it'll go straight to the mission target.

20. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Odd thing, My 8 new floors are now built (all at the same time, I had bought them a while ago).
    i've tried at least 40 new bitizens in the 3 new flats, but none had for DJ one of the new stores?
    Doesn't make sense, the odds are 5 out of 110 for each bitizen. Am I that out of luck or is it a bug?
    Anyone else encountered that? Anyone has dream jobers for the new stores?