Universal Magnetized By ZHI-YU HONG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by copaeci, Jan 11, 2014.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    That is great news... GameMaker is very good software, I liked it quite a lot and almost developed the game there, but Construct 2 is made for endless games. Insta-buy your game too!, and any game from any forum member :)

Sorry for derailing the thread...

2. We should have a contest to see who could make the best game, it would be funny.

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

4. RockyHong

RockyHong Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Steam/Desura version would be as same as mobile version but added keyboard control and fullscreen HD graphic, price would be 2.99 too.

I have plan to develop level editor, but editor is more complex than the game, need more time to develop, and need more people to build cloud sharing system (or level store), but I'll try to make it!

It would be very interesting! :cool:

Thanks!:)

5. A level editor would be pretty cool in this game. Also, don't remember if I mentioned it before, but autorotate doesn't work right?

But would be fun to make your own levels in this game.

6. RockyHong

RockyHong Member

Jan 11, 2014
    autorotate?
    you mean auto switch to Portrait or Landscape?
    It should work, can work in iPad 2, not sure how to fix it.:confused:
    Maybe the game could not get the value of accelerometer of your device.
    I'll try my best to fix it! :)

7. It does work. Maybe I mistakenly had autorotate off on my toggle.

So my mistake, autorotate is working like a charm!

But really glad I mentioned it, I didn't realize you could play in both landscape and portrait modes!

Wow, that is cool!

8. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Games pretty ok, love the sounds. I don't mind paying what games are worth be it $20 or $1, but in no way is this worth the asking $. A $1 sure but not this. Needs some ever harder and faster endless mode.

9. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Lulz

10. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    You seem confused.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week nominee

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Magnetized was successfully nominated for voting in Touch Arcade forums’ Game of the Week poll. Voting will occur over the next three days. Developers are not able to vote for their own games and discouraged from encouraging outside voting.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=216000

12. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Finished! (Still trying to get 3 stars on level 3-11... But finished!

I like: Good twist on the slingshot mechanic with obstacles ala Meat Boy. There are substancial gameplay changes in each of the three chapters and collecting all three cubes arent always easy. GameCenter Leaderboards.

Didnt like: There are no tutorial or explanation before any obstacle or new gameplay mechanic introduced, making some deaths unfair because you dont know what to expect. GameCenter didnt register anything. Finished the game and Im not even on the leaderboardd.

Conclusion: A pretty good take on the formula that makes it somewhat fresh, enjoyable and frustrating at the same time... You know the feeling.

Final Rating: 3.5. Good.

(3: Average 4: Great 4.5: Awesome 5: Must Have)

13. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    So the only leaderboard is for most deaths? That's different. Glad I didn't reset my progress to try for less after I got the hang of things.

14. halldor54

halldor54 New Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Picked this game up from Starbucks free app card the other week and was floored by the mechanics and the combination of puzzle and precision. Very inventive.

Stuck on 59 and it's driving me nuts, though!

15. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Yeah 59 was cruel hehehe. Just started black, but now I cannot see the earlier levels anymore? And I'm still not on the leaderboard; that will happen when I finish the game only? hmmm and it is for *most* deaths? Could have gone a bit more thought in GC integration, but otherwise, cool game!