Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-02-2014, 07:05 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Electric RC Sim Lite [Universal]

This is not exactly a game (it's an RC flight sim) but I thought some people might be interested in it. The free version comes with one plane (a three channel plane) and one field. The paid version ($0.99) comes with several planes including quadcopter and two more fields with different wind conditions. We've had good feedback on the level of realism and fun you will experience when playing

Last edited by bw1024; 01-02-2014 at 07:45 AM..
Old 01-02-2014, 04:00 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw1024 View Post
This is not exactly a game (it's an RC flight sim) but I thought some people might be interested in it. The free version comes with one plane (a three channel plane) and one field. The paid version ($0.99) comes with several planes including quadcopter and two more fields with different wind conditions. We've had good feedback on the level of realism and fun you will experience when playing

Cool! I always try these kinds of games looking for the best ones! Got this, then bought the paid version myself!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:30 PM

Default my game/app impressions

This is actually really good. The lite version is just the 3 channel trainer (Piper Cub) and a nice park to fly around.

The full version (99 cents) has a lot more planes and two more environments (with light and moderate wind). You can fly in portrait or landscape mode.

It can be a little tricky to track the faster planes on the iPhone screen, but; with the slower planes it's no problem to keep them close. . . I imagine this wouldn't even be an issue on a larger iPad.

Just keep in mind: it's a RC sim, you stay stationary and the plane flies around.

I think this is a really good app. . . . I hope this gets popular and they can release some new model aircraft. I would happily buy a add-on pack with helicopters. (There is a quadrocopter for heli enthusiasts )

----////----

*Edit* I played around with this a little more, and I'm even more impressed with it. If you're interested in radio controlled airplanes this is a must buy for 99 cents!!!

Last edited by m44; 01-02-2014 at 09:53 PM..
Old 01-03-2014, 03:21 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Cool! I always try these kinds of games looking for the best ones! Got this, then bought the paid version myself!
Glad to hear you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m44 View Post
I think this is a really good app. . . . I hope this gets popular and they can release some new model aircraft. I would happily buy a add-on pack with helicopters. (There is a quadrocopter for heli enthusiasts )
Thanks for the great review! We've had several requests for some helis and hope to add one at some point. We've avoided IAPs so far but we're still waiting to see how sales go.

Quote:
I played around with this a little more, and I'm even more impressed with it. If you're interested in radio controlled airplanes this is a must buy for 99 cents!!!
Thanks again! We've tried to keep the cost low and make it friendly for beginners, while also offering enough for more experienced pilots.

Ben.

Last edited by bw1024; 01-03-2014 at 03:26 AM..
Old 01-03-2014, 03:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Took me all of about thirty seconds of the lite version to throw a buck at the full. Excellent and deserves attention.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the great review! We've had several requests for some helis and hope to add one at some point. We've avoided IAPs so far but we're still waiting to see how sales go.
Quote:
Thanks again! We've tried to keep the cost low and make it friendly for beginners, while also offering enough for more experienced pilots.

Ben.
No problem on the review. I tried a different RC sim about 6 months ago, and it was terrible. So I'm glad to finally have a good RC app. You guys picked a good variety a planes.

Avoiding IAP's may be the way to go. (A lot of user's on here hate them). . . . I would buy Heli's as an add-on or as a separate RC heli application. There's already a lot here for a dollar.

Last edited by m44; 01-03-2014 at 04:49 PM..
Old 01-03-2014, 03:50 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Took me all of about thirty seconds of the lite version to throw a buck at the full. Excellent and deserves attention.
^ This convinced me - downloading now
Old 01-04-2014, 06:14 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Avoiding IAP's may be the way to go. (A lot of user's on here hate them). . . . I would buy Heli's as an add-on or as a separate RC heli application. There's already a lot here for a dollar.
Hehe I find IAPs really annoying too.

A separate RC heli application is an interesting idea. Thanks for the suggestion.