Tasty Planet: Back for Seconds LAUNCH SALE ($.99)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Agas, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I really like the original Tasty Planet, so here's the sequel :

Tasty Planet: Back for Seconds

Dingo Games Inc.
    Eat Your Way Through Time! Control a tiny ball of grey goo with the ability to eat anything smaller than itself. The mo…
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Eat Your Way Through Time! Control a tiny ball of grey goo with the ability to eat anything smaller than itself. The more it eats, the bigger it gets! Soon you'll be able to eat the entire planet! The story begins when the goo eats a time machine, sending him back in time. Playing as the goo, you'll travel to six different time periods and eat everything along the way. Eat rats, dinosaurs, gladiators, samurai, hovercars, pyramids, volcanoes... Everything! Eat your way through six time periods: • Modern • Late Cretaceous (dinosaurs) • Ancient Egypt • Ancient Rome • Feudal Japan • Distant Future
    Information
    Seller:Dingo Games Inc.
    Genre:Adventure, Family
    Release:Nov 19, 2011
    Updated:Jan 30, 2024
    Version:1.8.1
    Size:36.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    The original Tasty Planet is down from $2.99 to $.99 too:

Tasty Planet

Dingo Games Inc.
    Eat Everything in the World! Munch your way through 60 levels and over 140 objects. Control a tiny ball of grey goo wi…
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Eat Everything in the World! Munch your way through 60 levels and over 140 objects. Control a tiny ball of grey goo with the ability to eat anything smaller than itself. The more it eats, the bigger it gets! Soon you'll be able to eat the entire planet! The grey goo was originally created as a bathroom cleaner. It was only supposed to eat dirt and bacteria - cleaning your bathroom automatically. Instead it eats anything that it touches: dirt, bacteria, bugs, fish, mice, cats, dogs, cars, trees, houses, planets, galaxies... Everything! Supports MFi controllers.
    Information
    Seller:Dingo Games Inc.
    Genre:Adventure, Family, Action
    Release:Feb 01, 2011
    Updated:Apr 22, 2024
    Version:1.9.0
    Size:47.1 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

HD version of both games are down from $4.99 -> $2.99

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I've never played the original, but I bought the sequel this morning, and am enjoying it quite a bit. Is there anything I'm missing by not getting the original if I've got the 2nd one?

4. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Nope you miss nothing, they have similar gameplay but different objects to swalow.

5. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Just picked up the original yesterday. Does it do anything different? Like I thought I remember hearing the sequel would dynamically grow in size rather than having levels. Is that true?

6. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    It has levels too and not dynamically grow. But rather than in town, we travel through time to dinosaur age, egypt, etc.

7. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Thanks, might still pick it up then. I already played halfway through the first.

8. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    But then one level in the sequel is definitely longer and has slight dynamical grow in it (like from bugs to turtles in one level). So maybe that's the different with the first one (which each level is not growing).

9. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Yeah it's a small file size too, so I'll buy it.