Any Chaos remakes or clones on iPhone or iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MrMojoRisin, Dec 6, 2013.

1. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Talking about the game where you play as wizards and cast spells at each other from a randomly generated selection that each wizard starts the game with.

I've never seen one, except for on the Spectrum emulator, but that too slavishly uses the old Speccy controls, which are archaic to say the least.

Even Android has several touch based Chaos apps. One is a remake and one is a clone.

Anything like that on iOS that I may have missed? Or anything even close? Thanks!

2. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I don't know of one - but I'm suscribing to this thread just in case someone comes up with one.

Fantastic game. I started writing a PC remake of it years ago, but I never finished it. (It was called Turmoil - and was for the Retrospec website).

3. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Not sure about anything that's out right now. I'd like to to know if one exist as well. I know the original developer is doing a remake for the PC and mobile devices called Chaos Reborn. Here's a link to his blog.

http://www.gollopgames.com/

4. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm totally looking forward to this. I'm on the mailing list to be notified as soon as their Kickstarter campaign starts (planned for early next year), and I'm going to insta-back it at whatever level gets you access to their beta or even alpha if possible.

5. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    For sure, I've been thinking about doing the kick starter as well. It's on my radar for sure!

6. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Cool! So you have a PC, I assume? What's your favorite current Chaos remake? Mine is Chaos Funk, because it is the closest to the original, but with a slick mouse based interface that maked playing the game a breeze.

The same programmer made another one later called Chaos Groove, and that is fun if you like all the other options that he added to it, but sometimes less is more. :)

Of course Gollop is adding more, but it's his game to begin with, so I'm looking forward to where he is going to take it, wherever that is. And it looks pretty awesome so far.

7. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I thought Chaos Funk was still unfinished?

8. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Maybe compared to what he originally wanted to do with it (thus why he went on to make another Chaos remake with way more features, including insane customizability), but it has everything that the original Chaos had in it plus a few extra spells, I believe.

9. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    It might have been Chaos Groove - but I thought I've if the two was unfinished.

Of course it's entirely possible I'm talking crap.