[PREVIEW] Announcing QuitIt! A New Poke-tastic App!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 2n Productions, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2n Productions

2n Productions Well-Known Member

#1 2n Productions, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
    2n Productions is proud to announce QuitIt!, a new entertainment app that we think you’ll enjoy. We’ve submitted the app to Apple, and we're now waiting to hear back from them on our submission (fingers crossed!!).

[​IMG]

You’re an audience member of a game show called QuitIt! You interact with Lumpy, the show’s star, by poking him with various pokers to win cash. Use your winnings to buy strange gifts for Lumpy as well as even stranger pokers for your persistent poking pleasure.

Did you ever tease your kid brother or sister while growing up? Well, interacting with Lumpy is kinda like that.

On the receiving end of teasing? You can now turn the tables and vent on Lumpy.

Even if you’re an only child, you’ve probably come across situations where you wanted payback against some bozo who did you wrong. About the only person we can’t help is the only child who misses the torment dished out by imaginary older siblings.

If this is you, then you should get help. Like the professional kind. Or try the game anyway.

Make Lumpy your own “personal stress relieving facilitator” and have some fun in the process! It’s okay, go poke away! Lumpy can take it! And it’s a heckuva lot cheaper than weekly sessions with a therapist!

QuitIt! is definitely not another match three, tower defense, platformer or a 2D/3D shm’up game. In hindsight, we could have probably made it really easy on ourselves if we made one of those games. But then where would Lumpy be?

Instead, we decided to create something for you that’s a bit unconventional – people who’ve seen it have even said it’s a bit twisted. And our mothers wouldn’t lie to us.

In addition, we’re already prepping our update, so we’ll be sharing all the details with you soon. When we do, we’d appreciate your feedback here on the TouchArcade forums as well as our blog at lumpyspad.blogspot.com.

We’re really excited to be part of the iPhone dev community, and look forward to making more fun apps!

QuitIt! Promo Code Contest!

In appreciation of everyone here at TouchArcade, we’re going to give away 5 promo codes for QuitIt!

But there’s a catch (it’s a small one tho’).

We thought we’d have a bit of fun while we wait for Apple to stop poking Lumpy long enough to approve QuitIt.

To level the playing field for everyone, we’re going to have a simple contest to see who can guess the date and time of when we receive the “Ready for Sale” approval e-mail from Apple.

Here are the rules:
    1. Post your guess in this thread!
    2. All the posted date and times will be considered as US Pacific Time zone (we’re in California). Make sure to say AM or PM for your time! (Example: July 23, 2009 6:04PM)
    3. The 5 posters with the closest guess of our approval date and time will receive 1 promo code per poster.
    4. In the case where two or more posters guess the same date and time, the poster who posts that date and time first will be considered the winner.
    5. If you post multiple times, your first post will be considered your sole entry for the contest.
    6. This contest is valid for users within the US (promo codes are valid only in the US iTunes Store, sorry).
    7. One entry per registered TouchArcade user, please.
    8. Winners will be announced here at TouchArcade, and your promo code will be PM’d to you.
    9. Entries for this contest will be closed when our app is approved (we will announce it here on TouchArcade), or any time at our discretion.
    Now let the guessing begin!

Yas
    2n Productions

2. 2n Productions

[UPDATE] Gameplay Video!

We've just uploaded our gameplay video to YouTube, so we wanted to share it with everyone here on TouchArcade.

This video provides a brief gameplay overview of the app and highlights some of our main character Lumpy's animations.

We put in lots of work to make Lumpy's animations very expressive and interactive, and we think this video shows off a bit of what we've achieved (so far) with our animation engine.

We hope you guys like the video!

3. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Wonder why there aren't any replies on this thread. This game/entertainment app looks so hilarious! Great job, I must say the artwork is nicely done. How many items are there available to buy?

4. songkranw

songkranw Well-Known Member

This game is amazing! Why no one talk about it. Are you guys asleep? :confused:

When will this game come out?

5. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Its been submitted

6. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    So its pretty much like Interactive Buddy!!@!@!@
    Z0MG

Heres the full screen video

7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ha ha ha, lol, that was hilarious, i love the dead fish in a box

8. saintsalive

saintsalive Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Playing pocket god! Oh, and other games.
    Pygmy Island
    Aww! Poor guy with the dead fish XD I'll probably get this since I love Pocket God and this is similar. :D LOL...

9. ecp-ma

ecp-ma New Member

Jul 15, 2009
    I likee!

Concept is a scream, I am a middle child, so had it on both ends. Can't wait until I can have children and torment them like this, 'til then there's lumpy!

Cool idea, is it available yet?

10. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    i feel so bad for lumpy

11. MyLilPWNY

MyLilPWNY Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    #11 MyLilPWNY, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
    looks awesome how much?

12. Twazzock

Twazzock Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Expected a Pokemon game :(

13. 2n Productions

@theone1007
    Thanks for your kind words! Our artists did a fantastic job coming up with cool art for QuitIt! As for stuff to buy in the game, there are 31 items you can purchase with the in-game money at launch. We have plans to add more stuff for you to purchase as we update the app. At launch, there are 15 Pokers, 12 Gifts, and 4 Holidays (As with the Pokers and Gifts, you can buy Holidays with the in-game money that redecorate Lumpy's room on the day that you specify with a special theme.).

@songkranw, ecp-ma
    Thanks for your comments guys! We just submitted the game last Friday (7/10). We're hoping that Apple's turnaround time isn't too bad, as we've been hearing that some apps that were submitted around WWDC~OS 3.0/3G S launch time frame took around 3 weeks for approval.

@Devilishly Good, saintsalive
    Glad you liked the fish Gift. That's definitely one of our favorites, as it was one of the first Gifts that we got up and running during development. Boy, it was like magic when the animations started to work on it. Wait till you see some of the other stuff you can give Lumpy. :)

@eggzbacon
    Wow, the video you posted is ginormous! Lumpy looks at least 10lbs fatter! Hehe. Thanks!

@turakm
    Don't feel bad! Lumpy's a trained actor who does his own stunts!
    As we say around here at the 2n Productions offices, don't feel bad, "Just QuitIt!" and poke those feelings away! :D

14. Tavoss

Tavoss Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I LOL'd so hard watching that video. I WILL be buying this app. I normally dont buy this kind of app... but, I just cant resist lumpys tears!!!

15. 2n Productions

@Tavoss
    We can’t resist Lumpy’s tears either.

Lumpy wants to give a shout out to you and everyone else here at TouchArcade.

We think Lumpy might be suffering from a bit of stage fright. While Lumpy’s an old pro, he hasn’t been on a live stage in years (his last live gig was dinner theater that tanked miserably). So, in preparation for his debut on QuitIt!, Lumpy’s been doing some serious method acting and mental exercises (can you tell from the picture below that he’s really digging deep into his emotional center?).

We also thought we could help our buddy by hooking him up with an acting coach. We’re still searching for the perfect coach. In the meantime, Lumpy's been checking out some videos on YouTube that he thought would be helpful.
    [​IMG]
    Although there's the small matter of him not understanding English, there was one video that moved Lumpy so much that he wanted us to share it with you guys at his blog lumpyspad.blogspot.com.

16. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    i like the Lumpy-Ohhhs cereal

...yum, now with "real salt flavor"

17. 2n Productions

@Devilishly Good Glad you liked the Lumptoid! Hehe.

Lumpy-Ohhs were the favorite breakfast treat for billions of Zgrunturians. The secret ingredient was of course the salt. During the commercial shoot, Lumpy improv'd the now famous tagline "It's lumperrific!" and the rest was history. That commercial really kicked off Lumpy's acting career.

We've got more Lumptoids coming on the way, so you can get to know Lumpy better, up close and personal. We'll be posting more of them here at TouchArcade as well as our blog and website. :D

18. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    This game is too funny. I love Lumpy. :)

19. 2n Productions

New Lumptoid Posted!

Thanks for the compliment! We love Lumpy too. :)

Speaking of love, our blue buddy from Zgrunturos wanted us to give you the following message:

[​IMG]

20. hi!

hi! Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This is cute! It is like a stress relief poking ball.
    When this game is available? How much?