Universal Dragon Fantasy - (by The Muteki Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 24, 2011.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    And just when I thought I was finally done with this one, after having beaten it a few times on my iPhone... you give me reason to buy hundreds of gold swords! Thanks for the hint!

2. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I have a general question about this awesome game. I've noticed that chapters have been mentioned in this thread, so I'm not sure if I've actually finished the game or not. I acquired and reforged the hero equipment and defeated the dark knight lord guy. I then went to a party at the Woodsman's house.

I think this is the end of the game but wanted to double-check. Thanks in advance for any info/advice.

3. Dbrianp

Dbrianp New Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Help

I'm not sure why I'm stuck this early, but I am. I'm level 20 in Wester castle. I've bought all the best stuff and beat up everything, including the stuff in the castle up North over the bridge. Even found and killed the Troll in the dungeon. The queen is sick and would like for me to find a healer. I have no idea what to do now. I'm tired of looking through all the books and I've been all over the landscape. Help!!!

4. Dbrianp

Dbrianp New Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Help - 2

Never mind! I found a world map at Muteki. I didn't notice the castle to the East!!!

5. tsubasa29

tsubasa29 Member

Aug 25, 2011
    So Dragon Fanatsy Book II has been announced on PS3 and Vita. But what about an ios release?

6. Appthief

Appthief New Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Hero Armor

Just finished in the mines and went east. Entered the castle and found the sword. I don't have the armor. Anyone with some specific tips on the location?

7. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I'd also be interested in an update about what's going on with this.

8. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Just saw this on their twitter with a new DF Book II video! Doesn't answer when it'll come to iOS, but it makes me happy nonetheless. Check it out. And has anyone started a DF Book II thread yet? Didn't find it on my search...

@mutekicorp: "Our IGF entry video for Dragon Fantasy Book II: http://t.co/tyRZkQQ0
    Shows the opening scene and some previously unseen scenes!"

9. Bryan @ Muteki Corp

Bryan @ Muteki Corp Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    President, The Muteki Corporation
    It's been a while since I've checked in here!
    As was noted, we are initially launching with Sony on the PS3 and PS Vita...but rest assured our existing fans won't get left out (and that's about all I can say about that at the moment...)

10. Beca_Brain

Beca_Brain New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Manager
    Elko, NV
    Rope Glitch

Hi all, I found out abut Dragon Fantasy through a Google search and have been happily addicted ever since I downloaded the game. I am on the third chapter right now and came across a glitch.

I was down in the maze after finding the bandit's treasure. I climbed back up from that level and then decided to use my rope to exit from there but instead of finding myself out of the maze, or even out of the entire mountain the game crashed. I started the game back up and found myself standing outside the house with all the loot that I had before. All my progress up to that point was safe. Just for kicks I tried to use the rope again with the same result. Since all my progress was safe, I found my way back to the bandits hideout and continued from there, but now I'm curious if anyone else has run across this glitch?

11. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Dates?

Still enjoying this game from time to time. It's never left my phone and probably won't!

Just wondering... Is there a tentative time frame for Book II's release on iOS?

Thanks!

12. Chrono00

Chrono00 New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm stuck here too. Can anyone help?

13. Chrono00

Chrono00 New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #253 Chrono00, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    Nevermind

14. Bryan @ Muteki Corp

Jul 4, 2009
    Just wanted to jump back here and let you all know we've started a blog series about what's coming in a big update to Dragon Fantasy.

In the first post we talk about the updates to the inventory system:
    Dragon Fantasy's Big Update, Part 1

The plan is weekly posts covering the different changes until the update is out.

15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Menus look great! Can’t wait to give them a go.

Any chance one of the updates will allow us to continue playing on a save file even after beating that chapter? Maybe allow us to replay the chapter or just grind away and level up after the story has ended?

Thanks for the continued dedication to this app. Looking forward to giving you guys more money when Book II is released!

16. Bryan @ Muteki Corp

Jul 4, 2009
    @curtisrshideler

The game currently saves your progress as you complete a chapter. You are saved at the same location as your last save, but with your updated stats. In this way you're able to constantly power up and even continuously trounce the final baddie! Or, you could leave and continue grinding / leveling up / exploring elsewhere.

One of the big changes in Book II is less of a defined "ending" - even after the story is over there will be a world to wander and baddies to kill.

17. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Oh, it does seem my stats are saving. Unfortunately, in the second chapter, my last save is in that ice cavern and if I have him get on that ship, its game over. But, the cavern is my favorite part of that chapter! Guess its just another reason to look forward to Book II.

Thanks again for the updates!

18. Bryan @ Muteki Corp

Jul 4, 2009
    Speaking of updates...we just posted our 2nd blog post about the upcoming Dragon Fantasy update. And yes while we are talking Trophies for the PSN crowd, the same achievements will exist for the Game Center loving iOS crowd!

Read more about it (and the new dungeon we've added to Chapter 2) at:
    http://mutekicorp.com/2012/12/17/dragon-fantasys-big-update-part-2/

19. Nightshift Nurse

Nightshift Nurse Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    #259 Nightshift Nurse, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    Dragon Fantasy is just amazing. Such a smart parody of/homage to 8-bit JRPGs with absolutely spot-on aesthetics...if it weren't for the self-referential humor (and the bald protagonist) I'd think I was playing the iOS port of a lost NES classic.

I'll totally be double-dipping for the PlayStation 3/Vita version (and will triple-dip if it ever comes to the 3DS).

And the dedication to updating the game with (free!) additional content is positively inspiring.

Stellar work all around, Muteki crew.

20. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Hey Muteki,

You've been pretty silent since Christmas. How's the DF update coming?
    Hopefully all is well and your 2013 is starting with some unhindered work and a good stream of cash...